This month’s recipe celebrates women’s health. Women athletes tend to run low on micronutrients like iron, zinc, calcium, vitamin D and B vitamins. Focusing on nutrition helps provide the energy necessary to maintain lean muscle, bone density, consistent mental cycles, prevent fatigue, injury, and increase performance. Here’s a great recipe we designed especially for women!
Grilled Lemon Chicken lettuce wrap
Make 4 servings
Gluten-Free, Paleo, Keto
- Proteins needed for active women are 1.2-2.0 g per kg of body weight, per day.
- Chicken is an excellent source of lean protein, iron, zinc, and B vitamins.
- Yogurt is full of calcium and vitamin D.
- 4 – 6 oz Chicken Breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 Cucumber, diced
- 1/2 pint Cherry Tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup Almonds, toasted, chopped
- 1/4 cup Kalamata Olives, pitted, cut in half lengthwise
- 2 Lemons, thinly sliced
- 1 head Butter Leaf Lettuce
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Himalayan pink alt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp Garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup Greek Yogurt, whole fat
- 1/8 tsp Garlic, fresh, minced
- 3 sprigs Dill, fresh, finely chopped
- Pinch of Red Chili Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Lemon juice
- Himalayan pink salt
• Toss chicken with sliced lemon, olive oil, salt, pepper, and minced garlic.
Let marinated chicken sit in the refrigerator for 20-30 minutes.
For the Tzatziki:
• Mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl.
• Grill chicken for 4-6 minutes on each side, with the grill lid on. Then slice into thin strips.
Stuff a lettuce leaf with cucumber, tomato, almonds, olives, chicken, and top with tzatziki. Enjoy!
CHEF MARIA HINES
Eddie Bauer Field Expert
A James Beard award-winner for Best Chef Northwest, Maria blends her commitment to seasonal, local, and certified organic ingredients with her high standards for impeccable service at her restaurant and catering company, Tilth. Open 2006 – 2020, Tilth was named one of the best new restaurants in the country by Frank Bruni of the New York Times.