Departure Short-Sleeve Shirt
- Easy Care
- Moisture Wicking
- UPF 50+
- 4 Way Stretch
- Tumble Dry
Lightweight Flexion polyester/spandex makes this easy packing shirt ideal for any warm-weather adventure—from car trips to cross-country flights to long trail hikes. The four-way stretch fabric wicks moisture for optimal comfort and features UPF 50+ sun protection.
- FreeDry® moisture wicking: Skin feels drier
- FreeShade® UPF 50+: Sunscreen In Your Size®
- Dual chest pockets: Secure button closures
- Active: Our most athletic fit. Close to the body without restricting mobility.
- 86% polyester/14% spandex
- Yes, I recommend this productLogan | Verified userGender MaleHeight 6'1"Type TallActivityLeisurePros Appearance, Comfort, Tailored, Sleek LookCons Too Expensive, XLT Size Often Out of StockFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeA Departure From TypicalJul 3, 2019
The Departure shirt is the ideal shirt in warmer climates. As advertised, it has a nice tailored, fitted look and feel; it drapes well and enhances one's overall appearance. It is cool, comfortable, and indeed wicks away moisture. I'm a big fan who watches for deep sales because I deeply resent overpricing. To be fair, this is not unique to Eddie Bauer but most clothing retailers. When the 50% or more discounts arrive, I have attempted to purchase more, but sizes are too limited and out of stock. It'd be great if more colors were added as well. If so, I could easily foresee owning 10 or more Departure shirts as my "go anywhere, do anything, every day" attire. Well done, EB.....this shirt is a keeper. Make some more,
- Yes, I recommend this productCody | Verified userGender MaleHeight 6'3"Type TallActivityOtherProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeDoes the perfect shirt exist? The answer is yes.Jun 28, 2019
As a tall man with an athletic build (6'3", 270 lbs.), I can say without a doubt that the tall version of the Departure Short-Sleeve Shirt is the best shirt I have ever purchased off the rack to fit my height and weight. Because of the musculature of my upper body, shirts that I buy off the rack typically have to undergo alterations to transform their standard box like appearance through the torso into more of a V-taper, which typically means that there is some point of strain on the stitching now that the shirts have been made more aesthetic (example: shirt stitching feels like it will rip in the armpits, lats, or chest regions with any sort of aggressive movement or large range of motion). The Departure Short-Sleeve Shirt bypasses all of these problems by being made of a breathable, completely unrestrictive blend of materials that stretch in all directions and the athletic fit is truly outstanding. The shirt easily accommodates and accentuates my broad chest and shoulders while also tapering in around the midsection just enough so as to be form flattering but not restrictive in any way (hits the sweet spot of being slimmer than a regular fit shirt, but not skin-hugging like a compression shirt). The bottom of the shirt also tapers out around the hips and buttocks just slightly, which I really appreciate because I have large legs and the taper combined with the stretchiness of the shirt means that there is no bunching up of material in my lower back and hips region. TLDR / Bottom Line: In my opinion, this is the perfect shirt and I hope that Eddie Bauer never stops producing it. Final Note: The design of this shirt is beyond excellent and I would be okay with it remaining the same forever more, but one change that might make the shirt even better is the addition of armpit gussets. The shoulder mobility of the shirt is great as is, but a gusset may help the sleeve move even better than it currently does. All in all, Eddie Bauer hit a home run with this shirt!
- Yes, I recommend this productBeau | Verified userGender MaleHeight 6'4"Type TallActivityLeisureProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeI love this shirt!Feb 20, 2019
This shirt looks amazing on me and it feels great too. I get compliments all the time! Waiting for them to make more so I can buy one in every color.