Guide Ripstop Shorts
- First Ascent
Made with a ripstop nylon/spandex fabric for extra durability and abrasion resistance, our newest Guide shorts are ready for serious adventure, as well as everyday fun. Still with a durable, water-repellent finish and UPF sun protection.
Eddie Bauer has partnered with bluesign® to ensure safe and sustainable textile production. By following their criteria, we are working to keep harmful chemicals out of the air and oceans — and out of our products.
Models shown are 5'9" to 5'11" tall, wearing size S/4 or L/12.
- Flexion two-way active stretch
- bluesign®-verified fabric—ensures safe and sustainable textile production
- StormRepel® DWR finish sheds moisture
- FreeShade® UPF 50+ sun protection
- Elastic waistband with interior loop adjustment
- Two front hand pockets (one with hidden secure zip pocket)
- Two top-entry back pockets
- Elastic loop at back yoke for attaching light gear with a carabiner
- Inseam: 9" Reg
- Slightly Curvy. Sits below natural waist; mid-rise; moderately curvy through hip and thigh.
- 95% nylon/5% spandex
Wear it With
- Yes, I recommend this productDianeGender FemaleHeight 5'5"Type RegularActivityLeisurePros Comfort, Easy CareConsComfy ShortsJul 26, 2021
I like these shorts - they're not the first pair I reach for after laundry day, but they're perfectly ok for elastic waist shorts. They're lightweight, packable, nice length, and have good pockets. I wish they came in more colors - regular colors like navy and gray. Glad I got a black pair before that color sold out - I'm not a "mulberry" and "sprig" kind of gal!
- Yes, I recommend this productBarbspicsGenderHeight 5'3"TypeActivityLeisurePros Comfort, Easy Care, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsVery Comfy ShortsJul 17, 2021
Great lightweight and comfortable shorts. They are a little expensive but great quality and have a great feel. Since I don't tuck my shirts in, the elastic waistband doesn't show, if that's an issue. Would buy more colors if they were available.
- Yes, I recommend this productMS hikerGender FemaleHeight 5'5"Type RegularActivityProsConsNice, buy no substitute for skortsJul 14, 2021
Great pair of shorts if shorts are what you like. However, I have been wearing EB skorts for so long that I just can't bring myself to wear shorts again. BTW, Eddie Bauer, please, bring back the Sightscape Skorts in Tall.