Airbender 20° Sleeping Bag
- First Ascent
- Fill Power
- DWR Down
- Mummy Bag
Winner of National Geographic's 2014 Gear of the Year Award
Our guide team built this bag with one idea. Set a new standard for fast and light performance without sacrificing safe and warm. Best-in-class materials include an ultralight, tough, 15-denier Pertex® nylon shell. Top of the bag is insulated with 850 fill StormDown® powered by DownTek™. The cutting edge DWR technology makes the goose down highly resistant to moisture, retaining its loft and full insulating power even in wet conditions. Bottom of the bag is insulated with ClimaShield® HL synthetic for superior performance in all weather. A patent-pending design integrates an inflatable, insulated pad that's sewn directly into the bag. No need to carry a separate pad, and no extra straps, sleeves, hooks, hardware, or packaging. The stuff sack includes a built-in hand pump for inflating the pad. A true minimalist. With full-throttle performance.
- 15D Pertex® nylon shell: Ultralight, tough fabric
- 850 fill StormDown® Powered By DownTek™: Top of bag insulated with cutting edge DWR goose down that insulates even in wet conditions
- ClimaShield® HL Insulation: Bottom of bag insulated with high-loft synthetic
- Integrated, inflatable sleep pad: Patent-pending design includes a hand pump in stuff sack
- Three-Dimensional Footbox: Designed for maximum comfort
- Reg 84"L x 32.5"W: Long 90"L x 32.5"W
- 100% nylon shell and lining
READ MORE REVIEWS
- Yes, I recommend this productFold-OverGenderHeightTypeActivityProsConsFitness meter label is moderately largeFit:SmallLargeMmmmmmkJul 11, 2016
Let me tell you something, this bag is legit. That is all. Just kidding. I love how it kept me comfortably warm in temps lower than its rating. I love how the bag gives my broad shouldered 5'10 195lb frame ample room to move around and stuff things at the bottom without being overly constricted. I love how comfy the bag is, and knowing that I won't wake up freezing my butt off because my pad somehow ended up on top of me in my 1 person tent. I love that I no longer need to pack a pad, and I can inflate it without passing out. This bag is great. There is a reason why it was voted Nat Geo's gear of the year...... believe the hype. Kudos to Eddie Bauer, and my mom loves you.
- Yes, I recommend this productJacobGender MaleHeight 6'2"Type TallActivityCampingPros Warm, Waterproof, easy to stuff in bagCons The air pump is cheesy, air pump brokeFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeAirbender 20 Sleeping BagMay 9, 2016
I've used my sleeping bag about 10 times now from temperature ranging from 30 degrees F to about 50 degrees F and it as done fantastic in all situations. It does everything it is supposed to be able to do and is very comfortable to sleep in. I love how small it is compared to a normal sleeping bag and sleeping mat combo. Only gave the quality a 4/5 star because my "air pump" popped while trying to pump air into my bag on the second try. However, I would not base the quality of the sleeping bag on the pump because I found it easier to just blow the sleeping bag up anyway, and the sleeping bag seems to be made of very high quality materials.
- Yes, I recommend this productJDCH | Verified userGender MaleHeightTypeActivityProsConsAmazing new innovation in backcountry sleepingApr 22, 2014
What an incredible Bag. I had my doubts, as someone who has slept in/on almost every major brand of sleeping bags and sleeping pads. How could you really make it that much better? Simple answer, the airbender. Super comfortable, equally as warm as any other 20 degree bag on the market, but you end up saving significantly in weight and space. It packs to be not much bigger than a normal sleeping bag, but it's also a pad... But everything else aside, as a side sleeper, and someone who rolls around in my sleep and always wakes up off of the pad and cold on the ground, this bag is amazing. It is virtually impossible to roll off of the pad. I've used this bag snow camping, desert camping, and bivying on an alpine climb, and it worked brilliantly in all cases. Strongly recommend.
Be the first to ask a question.