Expedition Drop-Bottom Rolling Duffel - Large
- Ergo Molded Handles
- Stand Alone Technology
Maximum durability with minimum weight makes this rolling duffel bag the best you'll find. Built to last, with solid interior construction and a tough ripstop nylon exterior that's reinforced with ballistic nylon. Our exclusive, patented design allows the bag to stand securely on its own, whether empty or fully loaded.
NOTE: The interior zipper in the drop-bottom section of this duffel faces in rather than out because it's part of the construction of the wheel/handle assembly, and is not intended for general use or storage.
- Patented stand-alone feature
- Main compartment is separated into two zippered sections for superior organization
- Integrated compression straps eliminate excess loose straps
- Retracting telescoping handle
- Drop bottom with lockable zippers for extra storage
- Reinforced inline skate wheels
- Capacity: 4,088 cu. in. / 67L
- 26"L x 16"W x 14"D
- 210D ripstop nylon / 1,680D ballistic nylon
We've used three of these duffels for years. We added this one because we had the need for one more bag, and after our experience with the three, we never considered any other for our addition.
READ MORE REVIEWS
Wear it With
- Yes, I recommend this productQueen City GirlGender FemaleHeight 5'7"Type RegularActivitySkiingPros Bright, standout color, Lightweight, Lots of grab handlesConsAll my Gear Fits!!Apr 26, 2020
Bought this Large drop-bottom rolling duffel last year (2019) on a member sale. Had a hard time deciding on the large or X-large size. I chose the Large and it's working great -- I think the XL would have been too big for me to really handle the duffel when full: putting in and out of car, train, etc. Main use of duffel so far has been for ski trips. The large size perfectly fits my ski boots (bottom compartment), helmet (top compartment), and then all my other bulky ski clothes and gear. For my week-long + ski trips, any extra clothing gets stashed in my ski bag. Otherwise, for a 2-3 day weekend trip, I can fit everything in this duffel! My husband and I have been practicing streamlining our "stuff" we pack, and with quality, wool based-layers, you don't need to change your clothes for every day out on the mountain. Ladies, you can take your cosmetics and powder-puffery, but learn to condense, i.e., a contact lense case will hold plenty of foundation for that long weekend trip. Leave curling irons, blowdryers, and bottles at home! My guy loves that I have my "stuff" together and can roll on a moments notice. Anyway, great duffel, which I expect will be just as practical for warm-weather expeditions.
- Yes, I recommend this producttravel momGender FemaleHeight 5'7"Type RegularActivityTravelPros rolls smoothly, holds a large amountCons sometimes zipper gets caught in the top linerNice bagMar 4, 2020
great for European travel on cobblestones
- Yes, I recommend this productJoJoGender FemaleHeight 5'2"TypeActivityPros Easy to use, Multiple Compartments, SpaceCons Bad ZippersAmazing DuffleFeb 27, 2020
LOVE this duffel. I have this size and the smaller carry on. I got them when I was moving to and from college about 6 years ago and they are still going strong! They are worth every penny! The fact that it has a hard bottom but a duffel top gives you the versatility you need between a traditional hard suit case and a duffel is a major plus. The only bad part about the hard bottom is the rails for the handle make packing it a little awkward so people with bigger feet (I only wear a women's 7) may have a hard time putting shoes in the bottom but it is great for clothes you want to lay flat as I have found rolling your clothes in the top compartment lets you use every square inch of the bag. Usually I will pack the bottom first and close it up because if you really stuff the top it will encroach on the bottom space. My only negative comment is if you aren't paying attention when zipping the zippers tend to catch the fabric.