Igniter 0° Synthetic Sleeping Bag
Designed to battle the colder extremes of winter camping or expedition basecamp environments, the Igniter 0° fuses synthetic Climashield® Apex continuous filament insulation with durable, lightweight and packable Pertex® ripstop 20-denier fabric. The lofty, synthetic fill traps heat without excessive weight or bulk and the Endurance coating not only creates a barrier to moisture, it also increases the thermal efficiency by keeping the warm air from escaping.
- ABRASION RESISTANT PERTEX® NYLON SHELL: Is durable and lightweight
- CLIMASHIELD® APEX SYNTHETIC INSULATION: Provides greater loft and efficiency
- Endurance coating: Repels moisture and increases thermal efficiency
- 3-DIMENSIONAL FOOTBOX: For extra warmth, space
- SUPERIOR WARMTH: Even when wet
- 30D CORDURA® STUFF SACK: With DWR finish
- Dimensions: (Regular) 84"L x 33"W, (Long) 90"L x 33"W, (Short) 78"L x 33" W
- 20-denier Pertex® nylon, Climashield® Apex synthetic insulation
- Yes, I recommend this productIanDGender MaleHeightTypeActivityPros Lightweight, Very well made, Warm / Comfy, eb warranty, zipper is excellentCons doesn't fold down as small as a down bagIgniter 0 Synthetic sleeping bagOct 31, 2014
This is a great bag. Very well made and really warm. I took this bag all the way to Mt. Everest and back and it kept me warm on some really cold nights. The zipper is easy to manipulate from the inside or out which is great because once you are in this type of bag there isn't a lot of room to move around. That said the foot box was very roomy and allowed for me to store my electronic devices down there and still have room for my feet. The only down side to this bag, and not a fault of the bag itself, is that synthetic bags do not roll up as compact as down bags so it takes up a little more space in your pack. Overall I gave this bag full marks as for the price you are getting a fantastic bag with Eddie Bauers great warranty. Two thumbs up!
- YukonCorneliusGenderHeightTypeActivityPros Well built, first ascent colors, super lofty for synthetic bagCons Heavy, Noisy, no strap to keep zipper from opening by accident, very hard to compress into the stuff sackOut on a limbOct 15, 2014
I bought this for my girlfriend so she could have something better to sleep in during our fall/winter camp-outs. I wanted to get a warm, synthetic fill bag so she didn't freeze if it got wet. We have had great luck with Eddie Bauer's First Ascent line of clothing and gear so I bought this on sale and used my Eddie Bauer Friends points to get a great deal. When I received this bag it was noticeably big, heavy, and sounded like a potato chip bag. It would be nice if they put the exact weight and compressed size in the description of the product. I also wish Eddie Bauer/First Ascent would advertise the EN comfort rating because it's advertised as a "0F degree" bag but the comfort level for women is well above 20F degrees. Overall this bag should work just fine after she gets a sleeping bag liner. In my opinion, this bag is probably worth what I paid (not even close to the $275 asking price) and I recommend you to take a look at a down bag for better compression, less weight, and hopefully less noise. I gave this bag 3 stars because I know it will stand up to any situation it is put in. First Ascent is still one of the best, and most affordable, brands for mountaineering clothing and gear!