Bacon 2.0 Pack
- First Ascent
- Hydration Ready
- Packs Into Pocket
There's definitely no fat in this Bacon. The original was a mere 650g, but our guides wanted to trim it even further. Introducing the Bacon 2.0. With narrower webbing, smaller hardware, and new 400D soft nylon diamond ripstop fabric, it weighs in at a wraith-like 550g. Guide-built with the Bacon's signature web skeleton—the secret to its ability to stabilize loads with such a light body. Two straps of continuous, 15mm nylon webbing start in the top lid, run down the front of the pack, then tie into the side compression/load stabilizer. The webbing gives a better structure without tension, and when the side load stabilizers are tensioned, it acts on the entire pack, pulling the load in closer. So instead of a loose noodle struggling to hold a considerable load, you have a pack that can actually be useful when carrying larger, heavier gear because the web skeleton keeps the gear secure and stable.
- Retractable Tool Loops: Attachment points for holster poles or axes
- Ski-Carry System: Securely holsters skis when boot-packing in A-frame style
- Crampon panel: Lash on for easy access
- Perforated Thermo-formed EVA Back panel: Breathable cushioning prevents overheating
- Load Lifters: Quickly balance loads
- Hydration Compatible: Internal sleeve and port (bladder not included)
- Packs into own Zip Pocket: Crams easily into corner of pack or duffel
- Removable waist belt: Shed excess weight when shaving ounces is critical
- 22.5"H x 10"W x 7"D
- 400-denier Soft Nylon Diamond Ripstop with a metallic polyurethane coating
Wear it With
- Yes, I recommend this productFirstAscentGender MaleHeight 6'0"Type RegularActivityCampingPros Comfort, Easy Care, Quality, VersatileConsPerfect WeekenderApr 30, 2021
I started getting myself into Ultralight Weekend Backpacking, and this bag is everything I've ever needed. 550 grams makes it perfect for keeping weight down so I didn't have to buy a lighter tent or sleeping bag. Those two things alone made up for the lack of a frame, however since I started sleeping in my hammock, I did notice the flimsy-ness of the bag come through a bit more. Otherwise, every aspect has been so well designed, from the water bladder pocket, to the retractable cord hangers on the bottom. To get everything you need for weekend treks inside is a lot easier than you think as there is a bit of stretch in the materials. Refer this to all ultralight backpacking people, or just the casual hiker who wants to pack a picnic for the day.
- Yes, I recommend this productWildman KentGender MaleHeight 6'0"Type RegularActivityClimbingPros Comfort, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsAn essential piece of gearApr 28, 2021
Best pack for light and fast alpine missions. Because of the size, weight, and versatility of this pack it is the one of the essential pieces of gear I own. I've been mountaineering for a lumber of years and have used this pack up 7 peaks. From being a "light summit pack," to multi-pitch trad climbing routes, this has all the features I want and need. No, it's not the most durable, but weighing in at roughly a pound and folding to the size of a Nalgene, what more could be expected? I would recommend and re-recommend this pack if you're looking for a pack to take for summit day ascents, as well as other light and fast alpine missions. Bacon for life.
- Yes, I recommend this productJLGender MaleHeight 5'10"Type RegularActivityHikingPros Comfort, Easy Care, Quality, VersatileConsAwesome technical packFeb 10, 2021
I really love this pack! I've been using it for long, technical winter hikes. It has more than enough room to fit all of my extra gear, and if the weather warms up it seems there is always room to stuff something else in there. The hydration design works well. The elastic hooks at the top and wire loops on the bottom are great design features. The straps on the outside make it easy to attach snowshoes and poles. It also packs up very small, which means you sacrifice some rigidity, but it is great to pack as a daypack when you're doing multi-day hikes. Just a wonderful piece of equipment. Overall it's a wonderful pack.