- First Ascent
Our guides' choice for alpine climbing, mountaineering, and backcountry skiing. Goatskin leather at palms and fingers provides rugged durability and supple comfort. Highly water-resistant. Breathable, stretch-nylon on back of hands for enhanced dexterity. PrimaLoft® insulation and soft, microfleece lining deliver exceptional warmth.
NOTE ON FIT: This glove has a close fit for dexterity. If you prefer a generous fit, order one size up.
- Pre-Curved Finger Construction: Increased dexterity and comfort
- 8 oz PrimaLoft® Gold on back of hand: Superior insulation even in wet conditions
- 4 oz PrimaLoft® Gold Eco with Grip Control on Palms: Essential warmth and enhanced dexterity
- StormRepel DWR Finish on Stretch-Nylon Back of Hands: Sheds moisture so it doesn't soak in
- Low Profile Stretch Rib Cuff: Snug fit seals out snow, slips easily under jacket cuff
- Goatskin leather palm and fingers: 89% nylon/11% polyurethane back of hand: 100% polyester microfleece lining
Wear it With
- Yes, I recommend this productOrionGender MaleHeight 6'4"Type TallActivitySkiingPros Comfort, Easy Care, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsGreat Lightweight GlovesApr 12, 2021
These gloves are very comfortable (and they look good too!). True to size with snug cuffs that keep snow out. I use them for just about everything - camping, skiing (in warm spring conditions), shoveling the driveway, walks, hiking, you name it. This is my second purchase of these gloves - not because my existing ones are worn out but because they were on big-time sale and I want to be sure to have a replacement pair when my current gloves finally die. The only downside is that they're not all that warm. It's fine for most of what I do but I wouldn't wear them for a January ski day. These are my go-to gloves and I highly recommend them.
- Yes, I recommend this productSamGender FemaleHeightType RegularActivityHikingPros Comfort, Fit, QualityConswarm!Apr 12, 2021
While I haven't had the chance to try these gloves before the redesign, I can say that they hold their weight. Took them up Mt. St. Hellens and they kept my hands extremely warm when on the summit. No quality issues so far but I haven't put them through the ringer quite yet. They have enough dexterity to crack summit beers and dig in my pack for stuff, which is about the extent I need anyways. Almost too warm to use when moving but when standing still in 10-20 degree weather with wind they were great. Waterproof unless you're handling lots of snow. Mine soaked through but I think that's because I hadn't applied any oil prior to use on the leather. Will be applying the oil in hopes of a little more water resistance. Even when wet these were warm though! Good high-quality mountaineering glove.
- Yes, I recommend this productBenGender MaleHeight 5'8"Type RegularActivityWear to WorkPros Comfort, QualityConsGreat Gloves!!!Mar 12, 2021
These are great gloves, and they're the second pair I bought...not that I needed to replace the first ones I just wanted back ups. The first pair I bought was probably 10 years ago...still going strong.