- First Ascent
Our guides' choice for alpine climbing, mountaineering, and backcountry skiing. Goatskin leather at palms and fingers provides rugged durability and supple comfort. Highly water-resistant. Breathable, stretch-nylon on back of hands for enhanced dexterity. PrimaLoft® insulation and soft, microfleece lining deliver exceptional warmth.
NOTE ON FIT: This glove has a close fit for dexterity. If you prefer a generous fit, order one size up.
- Pre-Curved Finger Construction: Increased dexterity and comfort
- 8 oz PrimaLoft® Gold on back of hand: Superior insulation even in wet conditions
- 4 oz PrimaLoft® Gold Eco with Grip Control on Palms: Essential warmth and enhanced dexterity
- StormRepel DWR Finish on Stretch-Nylon Back of Hands: Sheds moisture so it doesn't soak in
- Low Profile Stretch Rib Cuff: Snug fit seals out snow, slips easily under jacket cuff
- Goatskin leather palm and fingers: 89% nylon/11% polyurethane back of hand: 100% polyester microfleece lining
Wear it With
- Yes, I recommend this productBigHornBretGender MaleHeight 5'5"Type RegularActivityClimbingProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeBest Everyday GlovesFeb 21, 2020
Over the last decade I have owned three previous pairs of these gloves and dread when I finally have to replace them. Happily, Eddie Bauer/First Ascent continues to make these gloves and I can replace them. There has been a few modifications through the years and the current gloves live up to my expectations. I live in these gloves during the winter and wear them about 95% of the time; on rare occasions, I need either a lighter or heavier weight glove. These "go-to" gloves are perfect for resort/backcountry skiing, ice climbing, glacier travel (e.g. Denali/Rainier), and winter camping because of the dexterity and warmth. There is just the right amount of insulation on the top of the hand to keep my fingers warm. Couldn't be happier with these gloves! The only concern is that the finger stitching pulls out before the leather fingers and palms wear through.
- Yes, I recommend this productTomGender MaleHeight 5'7"Type RegularActivityRoad BikingPros High quality, Using for winter road cycling, WarmConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeHigh Quality - WarmFeb 3, 2020
These were purchased primarily for winter cycling and I have been using them for several weeks. They are wind resistant, warm and eliminated the need for hand warmers so far.
- Yes, I recommend this productRickGender MaleHeight 5'10"Type RegularActivityOtherProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeAmazing warmthJan 25, 2020
I usually have to default to mittens in really cold weather due to long term effects of frostbite, but these gloves offer incredible protection -- by far the warmest I've ever worn. The fit is good and they require no break-in -- very comfortable and flexible right out of the box. Buy them on sale and they are a big bargain.
Be the first to ask a question.