Centennial Collection MicroTherm® 1000 Down Jacket
- First Ascent
- Recycled Materials
- StormRepel DWR
- Secure Pocket
In 1957, Eddie introduced a down jacket that wasn't a jacket at all, it was an undershirt. While by that time several other manufacturers had joined him in making down outerwear, Eddie now had a different idea—ultralight insulated layers. His Style 25 Down Undershirt was a sensation and over the years inspired many variations, including our original MicroTherm, introduced in 2011 as part of our First Ascent mountaineering gear.
The Centennial Collection MicroTherm 1000 is the next generation of this innovative design, an example of continuous product evolution. It features 1000 fill power Premium Goose Down for extraordinary warmth at minimum weight. It also refines the signature microchannel quilting of the original MicroTherm with discontinuous channel construction to further enhance the thermal efficiency and to prevent cold spots. Full-range mobility is assured with the armhole stretch panels, and the jacket packs into its zip pocket for easy transport, and the jacket packs into its interior zip chest pocket for easy transport.
- StormRepel® Super DWR, our longest lasting moisture-shedding finish
- 1000 fill Responsible Down Standard (RDS) down, certified by Control Union More About RDS
- Two-way stretch knit panels at armholes for enhanced mobility
- Elastic edge at hood and cuffs for trim fit
- Secure zip hand pockets
- Length, Reg Small: 26" | Weight: 8.5 oz | Down Fill Weight: 2.9 oz
- Active. An athletic fit. Close to the body without restricting mobility. Designed to fit over baselayers and lightweight midlayers.
- Recycled 100% nylon
Wear it With
- Yes, I recommend this productPaigeGender FemaleHeight 5'6"Type RegularActivityClimbingPros Comfort, Easy Care, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsThe. Best. Jacket. Of all time.Oct 20, 2020
This is the only jacket I grab when headed out to climb or hike on a chilly day. It's SO light, it feels like it weighs nothing. That's why I love climbing in it, because I feel completely unrestricted. It's not bulky, yet super warm. I love the armpit stretch areas, that allow for full range of motion without the jacket riding up. I also feel like this jacket looks a little "dressy", with the shiny fabric and slightly fitted waist. Stylish + ultra warm + ultra light. Can't imagine a better jacket, wouldn't change a thing!
- hike_climb_skiGender FemaleHeight 5'3"Type RegularActivityCampingPros Comfort, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsCUTEDec 3, 2020
Love it! Came just in time for a cold snap. I had originally ordered it in the citrus, which I LOVED, but exchanged for the black color because, for the money, I should probably pick a color that goes with everything. My favorite design feature is actually the zipper. I get grumpy about zippers being cheap and not working. This thing has an expensive feeling 'zip.' It's incredibly light weight and has a wonderful fit. Perhaps the only thing I would change is the length? It's a bit shorter than my other puffies. Regardless, it's super cute and functional. Not sure that I can tell the difference between a 1000 fill or a 900 fill at the moment. As a person that gets cold easy, I was stoked to try the 1000 fill. That being said, I've paired the jacket with Eddie Bauer's tech fleece and find it to be an incredibly warm layering system. 4 stars out of 5 for the price.... but it's lovely.
Be the first to ask a question.