MicroTherm® FreeFuse™ Stretch Down Hooded Jacket
- First Ascent
- StormRepel DWR
- Fill Power
The next generation of our best-selling MicroTherm ultralight, this new hoodie features FreeFuse construction. Traditionally, inner and outer layers of fabric are stitched together and then quilted with additional stitching. But this jacket is made with a single sheet of fabric that's folded over and woven together in discontinuous channels to hold the down. This cutting-edge technique saves weight, maximizes breathability, helps reduce cold spots, and minimizes down migration.
The nylon/spandex stretch shell provides exceptional mobility and features a super-durable water-repellent finish that beads moisture. High-loft Premium Down insulation delivers sub-zero warmth in mere ounces.
Models shown are 5'9" to 5'11" tall, wearing size S/4, L/12, or XXL/18.
- StormRepel® DWR finish sheds moisture
- 800 fill Responsible Down Standard (RDS) down, certified by Control Union 851564 More About RDS
- FreeFuse™ discontinuous channel-weave construction to enhance breathability and eliminate cold spots
- Three secure zip pockets (one interior)
- Packs into left hand pocket
- Adjustable drawcord hem lets you dial in the fit
- Length, Reg Small: 26.5" | Weight: 9.3 oz | Down Fill Weight: 3.5 oz
- Active. An athletic fit. Close to the body without restricting mobility. Designed to fit over baselayers and lightweight midlayers.
- 85% nylon/15% spandex
Wear it With
- Yes, I recommend this productmitchy the kidGender FemaleHeight 5'4"Type RegularActivityHikingPros Comfort, Fit, VersatileConstons of compliments!Apr 23, 2022
love this jacket! lightweight yet very warm for a Canadian hike in the winter.
- Yes, I recommend this productLaceGender FemaleHeight 5'4"Type RegularActivityPros Comfort, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsLove!Apr 21, 2022
Very comfortable to wear!
- Yes, I recommend this productAnnaGender FemaleHeight 5'6"Type RegularActivityHikingPros Comfort, Fit, QualityConsIn love with this jacketFeb 25, 2022
Thought about getting this jacket when it first came out but hesitated and then for ages it was sold out in my size in the awesome bright orange color. It's so lightweight but extra cozy. Love the fitted sleeves, large pockets, and the style of the hood. It makes a great hiking and crag jacket.