MicroTherm® FreeFuse™ Stretch Down Hooded Jacket
- First Ascent
- StormRepel Super DWR
- Fill Power
The next generation of our best-selling MicroTherm ultralight, this new hoodie features FreeFuse construction. Traditionally, inner and outer layers of fabric are stitched together and then quilted with additional stitching. But this jacket is made with a single sheet of fabric that's folded over and woven together in discontinuous channels to hold the down. This cutting-edge technique saves weight, maximizes breathability, helps reduce cold spots, and minimizes down migration.
The nylon/spandex stretch shell provides exceptional mobility and features a super-durable water-repellent finish that beads moisture. High-loft Premium Down insulation delivers sub-zero warmth in mere ounces.
- StormRepel® Super DWR—our longest lasting moisture-shedding finish
- 800 fill Responsible Down Standard (RDS) down, certified by Control Union More About RDS
- FreeFuse™ discontinuous channel-weave construction to enhance breathability and eliminate cold spots
- Three secure zip pockets (one interior)
- Packs into left hand pocket
- Adjustable drawcord hem lets you dial in the fit
- Length, Reg Small: 26.5" | Weight: 9.3 oz | Down Fill Weight: 3.5 oz
- Active. An athletic fit. Close to the body without restricting mobility. Designed to fit over baselayers and lightweight midlayers.
- 85% nylon/15% spandex
Wear it With
- Yes, I recommend this productKathyGender FemaleHeight 5'2"Type RegularActivityCampingPros Comfort, FitConsNICEMar 5, 2021
Like the longer backside coverage. Warm and hood fits nicely
- Yes, I recommend this productHiking enthusiastGender FemaleHeight 5'4"Type RegularActivityHikingPros Comfort, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsFavorite JacketMar 1, 2021
I purchased this in the orange for hiking during hunting season and the black for all around hiking. I've found myself wearing this as my daily go to jacket. I love the fit and comfort. My daughter has 2 German Shepard's that jump up on me when they see me. My concern was if it would be durable enough to withstand that abuse. I'm happy to say it has stood up very well to the test and no tears. The jacket is super light weight for backpacking. The overall fit is body conforming, not boxy bulky like some puffy jackets. I waited diligently for this to go on sale to buy. Love, love this jacket!!
- Yes, I recommend this productScohanGender FemaleHeight 5'3"Type RegularActivityLeisurePros Comfort, Easy Care, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsGreat lightweight warm jacketFeb 21, 2021
This is very lightweight but warm for a chilly day. Flattering fit.