MicroTherm® FreeFuse™ Stretch Down Hooded Jacket
- First Ascent
- StormRepel Super DWR
- Fill Power
The next generation of our best-selling MicroTherm ultralight, this new hoodie features FreeFuse construction. Traditionally, inner and outer layers of fabric are stitched together and then quilted with additional stitching. But this jacket is made with a single sheet of fabric that's folded over and woven together in discontinuous channels to hold the down. This cutting-edge technique saves weight, maximizes breathability, helps reduce cold spots, and minimizes down migration.
The nylon/spandex stretch shell provides exceptional mobility and features a super-durable water-repellent finish that beads moisture. High-loft Premium Down insulation delivers sub-zero warmth in mere ounces.
Models shown are 5'9" to 5'11" tall, wearing size S/4 or XL/16.
- StormRepel® Super DWR—our longest lasting moisture-shedding finish
- 800 fill Responsible Down Standard (RDS) down, certified by Control Union More About RDS
- FreeFuse™ discontinuous channel-weave construction to enhance breathability and eliminate cold spots
- Three secure zip pockets (one interior)
- Packs into left hand pocket
- Adjustable drawcord hem lets you dial in the fit
- Length, Reg Small: 26.5" | Weight: 9.3 oz | Down Fill Weight: 3.5 oz
- Active. An athletic fit. Close to the body without restricting mobility. Designed to fit over baselayers and lightweight midlayers.
- 85% nylon/15% spandex
Wear it With
- Yes, I recommend this productKatGender FemaleHeight 5'7"Type RegularActivityHikingPros Comfort, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsMy favorite hiking jacketMay 6, 2021
In preparation for a hiking trip to Yellowstone and the Tetons in early May, I needed a jacket that would be reasonably priced, packable, warm, and able to fit layers underneath. I was also hoping not to look too boxy or frumpy while on the trip. I ordered jackets from EB, North Face, LL Bean, and tried in jackets from other pricy brands like Patagonia....but this jacket was by far superior. It is lightweight but warm, packs away easily, and has a flattering fit. The other girls on the trip with high-end brands of jackets were all jealous of this one! I wasn't sure if the brightness of the geranium color would be too much but it looked really cute. One of my favorite Eddie Bauer purchases. I was able to be comfortable is snowy, rainy, and windy conditions. The temps on the trip ranged from 30-60 F, and my layering was a tank top and fitted long sleeve with the occasional sweatshirt over it. Amazing jacket!
- Yes, I recommend this productMOGGender FemaleHeight 5'0"Type PetiteActivityLeisurePros FitConsFits wellApr 16, 2021
glad the size fits me well and the color I wanted
- Yes, I recommend this productSnowdogGender FemaleHeight 5'7"Type RegularActivityHikingPros ComfortConsstretchy warmthApr 12, 2021
Who wouldn't like a stretchy, warm, nice fitting and lightweight puffy!