MicroTherm® 2.0 Down Hooded Jacket
- First Ascent
- Temp Rating
- Fill Power
- StormRepel Super DWR
- Recycled Materials
Perfection Evolved. Version 2.0 of our premium ultralight has an improved fit that's more comfortable, mobile, and flattering, with more room in the chest; a slightly longer length for added coverage and warmth; a softer fabric to further enhance the comfort; and a secure drawcord hem to seal out cold and fine-tune the fit.
As an ultralight insulating layer, the MicroTherm is thinner than traditional down jackets. But that combination of minimal bulk and effective warmth is what makes it special, and is the result of its patented construction and the exceptionally high-loft goose down that it holds close to the body for maximum thermal efficiency.
NOTE: Temperature ratings are based on a controlled laboratory test by an independent university lab. Also consider: your sensitivity to cold and wind-chill; time of exposure; activity level; and use of layering.
NOTE: As a reference for comparison, we have included the customer reviews of the MicroTherm 1.0 below. Any reviews dated prior to July 30, 2018 are for the MicroTherm 1.0. All reviews dated after July 30, 2018 are for the new MicroTherm 2.0.
- Windproof recycled 20D ripstop polyester shell
- StormRepel® Super DWR, our longest lasting, moisture-shedding finish
- 800 fill Responsible Down Standard (RDS) goose down, certified by Control Union More About RDS
- Trackmydown supply information on garment—learn where your down comes from and what makes premium down premium
- Microtherm construction—streamlined, micro-channel design for maximum thermal efficiency and compressibility
- Stretch side panels—increase breathability and mobility, and create a trim, active fit
- Zip hand pockets secure essentials, keep your hands warm
- Secure zip chest pocket with media port—take your music to the mountains
- Stows easily—packs into chest pocket that has carabiner clip-in loop
- Two interior stash pockets—ideal for gloves or goggles
- Length, Reg Small: 25" | Weight: 11.7 oz | Down Fill Weight: 2.7 oz
- Active. An athletic fit. Close to body without restricting mobility. Designed to fit over baselayers and lightweight midlayers.
- 100% recycled polyester shell | 95% polyester/5% spandex panels
Wear it With
- Yes, I recommend this productAnne BGender FemaleHeight 6'0"Type TallActivityWalkingPros Comfort, Easy Care, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsLove this jacket!Jan 12, 2021
This jacket fits me perfectly! I'm 6 ft and have very long arms—it's very hard to find jackets that have sleeves that actually go all the way to my wrists. This jacket is light weight but very warm. I wear it for exercise outdoors in cold winter months.
- Yes, I recommend this productLady DiGender FemaleHeight 5'6"Type RegularActivityWalkingPros Comfort, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsPerfect jacketDec 22, 2020
This jacket is perfect for long walks in the winter. It's light weight but warm. I have a long torso and arms so I was concerned it might be too short but the length is perfect. The stretch fabric under the arms is genius.
- Yes, I recommend this productCanadian girlGender FemaleHeight 5'4"Type RegularActivityOtherPros Comfort, Easy Care, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsAmazing jacket-please make longer version!!Dec 7, 2020
Actually, both stylish and comfortable-a colleague thought it was a much more expensive brand.