MicroTherm® 2.0 Down Jacket
- First Ascent
- Temp Rating
- Fill Power
- StormRepel Super DWR
Perfection Evolved. Version 2.0 of our premium ultralight has an improved fit that's more comfortable, mobile, and flattering, with more room in the chest; a slightly longer length for added coverage and warmth; a softer fabric to further enhance the comfort; and a secure drawcord hem to seal out cold and fine-tune the fit.
As an ultralight insulating layer, the MicroTherm is thinner than traditional down jackets. But that combination of minimal bulk and effective warmth is what makes it special, and is the result of its patented construction and the exceptionally high-loft Premium Goose Down that it holds close to the body for maximum thermal efficiency.
NOTE: Temperature ratings are based on a controlled laboratory test, using low and moderate activity levels. Also consider: your sensitivity to cold and wind-chill; time of exposure; activity level; and use of layering.
NOTE: As a reference for comparison, we have included the customer reviews of the MicroTherm 1.0 below. Any reviews dated prior to July 30, 2018 are for the MicroTherm 1.0. All reviews dated after July 30, 2018 are for the new MicroTherm 2.0.
- WINDPROOF RECYCLED 20D RIPSTOP POLYESTER SHELL: StormRepel® Super DWR is our longest-lasting, moisture-shedding finish
- 800 FILL Premium Goose Down: Maximum warmth, minimum weight
- RESPONSIBLE DOWN STANDARD (RDS)-CERTIFIED DOWN INSULATION: Certified by Control Union More About RDS
- TRACKMYDOWN SUPPLY INFORMATION ON GARMENT: Learn where your down comes from and what makes premium down premium
- MICROTHERM CONSTRUCTION: Streamlined, micro-channel design for maximum thermal efficiency and compressibility
- STRETCH SIDE PANELS: Increase breathability and mobility, and create a trim, active fit
- ZIP HAND POCKETS: Secure essentials, keep your hands warm
- SECURE ZIP CHEST POCKET WITH MEDIA PORT: Take your music to the mountains
- STOWS EASILY: Packs into chest pocket that has carabiner clip-in loop
- TWO INTERIOR STASH POCKETS: Ideal for gloves or goggles
- Average length: Small 25"
- Active; An athletic fit. Close to body without restricting mobility. Designed to fit over baselayers and lightweight midlayers.
- 100% polyester (50% recycled) shell: 95% polyester/5% spandex panels
- Yes, I recommend this productAllyGender FemaleHeight 5'2"Type PetiteActivityTravelPros Styled and fitted well for active outdoor women!ConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeSlim-line double duty jacketJan 2, 2020
The MicroTherm 2 jacket is a bit deceiving. We I first unwrapped it I thought how is this going to provide me with the warmth I need while up in the Northern Cascades in winter? The down doesn't have the profile of a puffer coat, which is why I purchased it, rather it lates close to the body and provides warmth and shape in that fashion. The coat is the perfect length for me having ordered the petite size. It is very flattering on as it has lovely vertical seaming. One word of caution... I sized up from a small to a medium to accommodate my chest as this jacket is of average size in this department.
- Yes, I recommend this productPassionate KnitterGender FemaleHeight 5'5"Type RegularActivityCommuteProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeGreat coatDec 30, 2019
Great coat for wearing in the car.
- Yes, I recommend this productTrailGender FemaleHeight 5'6"Type RegularActivityLeisureProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeGreat jacket to wear by itself or as a base layer. Love it.Dec 29, 2019
No cons. As indicated above I am extremely satisfied with this jacket, so much so I bought another one in a different color.
- Asked Nov 12, 2019 by1 answerQ: Is the zipper on the black jacket orange or black?A:Hey Heather. The zipper on the black jacket is black.Answered Nov 21, 2019 by| EXPERT
- Asked Nov 6, 2019 by1 answerQ: Wondering if I should order a large long in this jacket. I am a 38c bust and have long aemsA:I would recommend going with a large long.Answered Nov 7, 2019 by| EXPERT
- Asked Oct 23, 2019 by1 answerQ: Does this coat have a drawstring on the inside bottom of the coat to keep it snug?A:Yes, this jacket has a drawcord hem for dialing in the fit and sealing out the cold.Answered Nov 20, 2019 by| EXPERT