MicroTherm® 2.0 Down Jacket
- First Ascent
- Temp Rating
- Fill Power
- StormRepel Super DWR
- Recycled Materials
Perfection Evolved. Version 2.0 of our premium ultralight has an improved fit that's more comfortable, mobile, and flattering, with more room in the chest; a slightly longer length for added coverage and warmth; a softer fabric to further enhance the comfort; and a secure drawcord hem to seal out cold and fine-tune the fit.
As an ultralight insulating layer, the MicroTherm is thinner than traditional down jackets. But that combination of minimal bulk and effective warmth is what makes it special, and is the result of its patented construction and the exceptionally high-loft Premium Goose Down that it holds close to the body for maximum thermal efficiency.
NOTE: Temperature ratings are based on a controlled laboratory test by an independent university lab. Also consider: your sensitivity to cold and wind-chill; time of exposure; activity level; and use of layering.
NOTE: As a reference for comparison, we have included the customer reviews of the MicroTherm 1.0 below. Any reviews dated prior to July 30, 2018 are for the MicroTherm 1.0. All reviews dated after July 30, 2018 are for the new MicroTherm 2.0.
- Windproof recycled 20D ripstop polyester shell
- StormRepel® Super DWR, our longest lasting, moisture-shedding finish
- 800 fill Responsible Down Standard (RDS) goose down, certified by Control Union More About RDS
- Trackmydown supply information on garment—learn where your down comes from and what makes premium down premium
- Microtherm construction—streamlined, micro-channel design for maximum thermal efficiency and compressibility
- Stretch side panels—increase breathability and mobility, and create a trim, active fit
- Zip hand pockets secure essentials, keep your hands warm
- Secure zip chest pocket with media port—take your music to the mountains
- Stows easily—packs into chest pocket that has carabiner clip-in loop
- Two interior stash pockets—ideal for gloves or goggles
- Length, Reg Small: 25" | Weight: 10.2 oz | Down Fill Weight: 2.4 oz
- Active. An athletic fit. Close to body without restricting mobility. Designed to fit over baselayers and lightweight midlayers.
- 100% polyester (50% recycled) shell: 95% polyester/5% spandex panels
Wear it With
- Yes, I recommend this productSheGender FemaleHeight 5'4"Type RegularActivityWalkingPros Comfort, Easy Care, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsMicrotherm 2.0 down jacketJan 16, 2021
This is my third microtherm jacket in different colours and I continue to love each of them. I am an avid walker; also, wear on the motorcycle as part of my base layer and never cold. Fit is true to size as I am 5'4" and weigh 108 lbs, XS regular is a perfect fit for me. Very confident that I will be buying another next year.
- Yes, I recommend this productCindy LynnGender FemaleHeight 5'2"Type PetiteActivityRunningPros Comfort, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsExactly what I was looking for!Dec 16, 2020
Wore it for the first time today...felt like 19 degrees out but I was toasty warm running 5 miles in this jacket. Love, love, love it! Warm, roomy pockets, great hood...so happy with this purchase.
- Yes, I recommend this productADK hiker 518Gender FemaleHeight 5'6"Type RegularActivityHikingPros Comfort, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsFavorite down puffyDec 12, 2020
This jacket is the most comfortable and versatile jacket that I own. I can wear it on a slightly chilly day by itself and it keeps me warm, or I can layer it with a fleece and a base layer for colder days. I've had this jacket for over a year and it is my go to for everything from running to the store on a winter day, to snowshoeing in the mountains, to hiking in the fall. It keeps me so warm when I am active and they stretch in the shoulders makes it ideal for anything requiring a lot of movement. It is also really flattering and looks good, I get compliments on it almost every time I wear it. I highly recommend this jacket!