MicroTherm® 2.0 Down Jacket
- First Ascent
- Temp Rating
- Fill Power
- StormRepel Super DWR
- Recycled Materials
Perfection Evolved. Version 2.0 of our premium ultralight has an improved fit that's more comfortable, mobile, and flattering, with more room in the chest; a slightly longer length for added coverage and warmth; a softer fabric to further enhance the comfort; and a secure drawcord hem to seal out cold and fine-tune the fit.
As an ultralight insulating layer, the MicroTherm is thinner than traditional down jackets. But that combination of minimal bulk and effective warmth is what makes it special, and is the result of its patented construction and the exceptionally high-loft Premium Goose Down that it holds close to the body for maximum thermal efficiency.
NOTE: Temperature ratings are based on a controlled laboratory test by an independent university lab. Also consider: your sensitivity to cold and wind-chill; time of exposure; activity level; and use of layering.
NOTE: As a reference for comparison, we have included the customer reviews of the MicroTherm 1.0 below. Any reviews dated prior to July 30, 2018 are for the MicroTherm 1.0. All reviews dated after July 30, 2018 are for the new MicroTherm 2.0.
Models shown are 5'9" to 5'11" tall, wearing size S/4, L/12, or XXL/18.
- Windproof recycled 20D ripstop polyester shell
- StormRepel® Super DWR, our longest lasting, moisture-shedding finish
- 800 fill Responsible Down Standard (RDS) goose down, certified by Control Union 851564 More About RDS
- Trackmydown supply information on garment—learn where your down comes from and what makes premium down premium
- Microtherm construction—streamlined, micro-channel design for maximum thermal efficiency and compressibility
- Stretch side panels—increase breathability and mobility, and create a trim, active fit
- Zip hand pockets secure essentials, keep your hands warm
- Secure zip chest pocket with media port—take your music to the mountains
- Stows easily—packs into chest pocket that has carabiner clip-in loop
- Two interior stash pockets—ideal for gloves or goggles
- Length, Reg Small: 25" | Weight: 10.2 oz | Down Fill Weight: 2.4 oz
- Active. An athletic fit. Close to body without restricting mobility. Designed to fit over baselayers and lightweight midlayers.
- 100% polyester (50% recycled) shell: 95% polyester/5% spandex panels
Wear it With
- Yes, I recommend this productKT_cityGender FemaleHeight 5'0"Type RegularActivityPros Comfort, Fit, QualityConsLove this jacketNov 5, 2021
As far as I'm concerned, style and comfort go hand in hand: If I'm uncomfortable, I don't look good, and if I don't look good, I'm uncomfortable. I really like the cut of this jacket - slightly fitted, slightly shaped (not boxy), and good length. It fits me well, so I find it very comfortable. Haven't worn it in very cold weather yet, but it fits with a fleece vest or sweater underneath, so I think it will be fine for most winter days. I love that it packs down to fit in its own chest pocket (no stuff sack to lose) and so it will be handy for travel. I got the bright pink with orange lining, which is fun and kind of a change for me - I'm a New Yorker, and most of my clothes are black.
- Yes, I recommend this productPatGender FemaleHeight 5'3"Type RegularActivityLeisurePros Comfort, Easy Care, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsGreat JacketOct 27, 2021
This is the second jacket I purchased. I had the first one for many years. I wore the other one almost every day (good for air conditioned blogs & light outdoor jacket. Zipper finally broke so now I have a replacement. Love it
- Yes, I recommend this productCharleneGender FemaleHeight 5'4"Type RegularActivityLeisurePros Comfort, Fit, QualityConsLove ItOct 13, 2021
I love this jacket! I need this for travel and leisure whenever it is cold enough in California. It looks great and fits perfectly. The stretch shoulders make it easy to layer and it keeps me warm when I need it. The fit is perfect…I am 5'4" and 118 pounds and the small fits nicely. The only downside is I just haven't figured out how it packs into it's own pocket so packing it into a backpack hasn't worked for me. There are no tutorial videos so I will just have to figure it out…but not a deal breaker with the quality and versatility of this comfy and stylish jacket!