MicroTherm® 2.0 Down Jacket
- First Ascent
- Temp Rating
- Fill Power
- StormRepel Super DWR
- Recycled Materials
Perfection Evolved. Version 2.0 of our premium ultralight has an improved fit that's more comfortable, mobile, and flattering, with more room in the chest; a slightly longer length for added coverage and warmth; a softer fabric to further enhance the comfort; and a secure drawcord hem to seal out cold and fine-tune the fit.
As an ultralight insulating layer, the MicroTherm is thinner than traditional down jackets. But that combination of minimal bulk and effective warmth is what makes it special, and is the result of its patented construction and the exceptionally high-loft Premium Goose Down that it holds close to the body for maximum thermal efficiency.
NOTE: Temperature ratings are based on a controlled laboratory test, using low and moderate activity levels. Also consider: your sensitivity to cold and wind-chill; time of exposure; activity level; and use of layering.
NOTE: As a reference for comparison, we have included the customer reviews of the MicroTherm 1.0 below. Any reviews dated prior to July 30, 2018 are for the MicroTherm 1.0. All reviews dated after July 30, 2018 are for the new MicroTherm 2.0.
- WINDPROOF RECYCLED 20D RIPSTOP POLYESTER SHELL: StormRepel® Super DWR is our longest-lasting, moisture-shedding finish
- 800 FILL Premium Goose Down: Maximum warmth, minimum weight
- RESPONSIBLE DOWN STANDARD (RDS)-CERTIFIED DOWN INSULATION: Certified by Control Union More About RDS
- TRACKMYDOWN SUPPLY INFORMATION ON GARMENT: Learn where your down comes from and what makes premium down premium
- MICROTHERM CONSTRUCTION: Streamlined, micro-channel design for maximum thermal efficiency and compressibility
- STRETCH SIDE PANELS: Increase breathability and mobility, and create a trim, active fit
- ZIP HAND POCKETS: Secure essentials, keep your hands warm
- SECURE ZIP CHEST POCKET WITH MEDIA PORT: Take your music to the mountains
- STOWS EASILY: Packs into chest pocket that has carabiner clip-in loop
- TWO INTERIOR STASH POCKETS: Ideal for gloves or goggles
- Average length: Small 25"
- Active; An athletic fit. Close to body without restricting mobility. Designed to fit over baselayers and lightweight midlayers.
- 100% polyester (50% recycled) shell: 95% polyester/5% spandex panels
Wear it With
- Yes, I recommend this productLizGender FemaleHeight 5'11"Type TallActivityLeisureProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeAll around great coat.Feb 16, 2020
I debated buying another coat, but I am so glad I did. This coat is awesome. I love how long the sleeves are. I am 5'11' and ordered the tall. It is a light weight coat but very warm.
- Yes, I recommend this productKarendwGender FemaleHeight 5'7"Type PlusActivityOtherProsConsFitness meter label is moderately smallFit:SmallLargeWarm and toasty below zeroFeb 14, 2020
Perfect for snowshoeing
- Yes, I recommend this productJudeGender FemaleHeight 5'8"Type TallActivityOtherProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeLovely true to size, lightweight and nice and warm.Feb 10, 2020
I own horses and I am active outdoors in cold damp Maryland weather. This jacket keeps me dry and warm and does not bind me up or interfere with movement.
- Asked Nov 12, 2019 by1 answerQ: Is the zipper on the black jacket orange or black?A:Hey Heather. The zipper on the black jacket is black.Answered Nov 21, 2019 by| EXPERT
- Asked Nov 6, 2019 by1 answerQ: Wondering if I should order a large long in this jacket. I am a 38c bust and have long aemsA:I would recommend going with a large long.Answered Nov 7, 2019 by| EXPERT
- Asked Oct 23, 2019 by1 answerQ: Does this coat have a drawstring on the inside bottom of the coat to keep it snug?A:Yes, this jacket has a drawcord hem for dialing in the fit and sealing out the cold.Answered Nov 20, 2019 by| EXPERT