MicroTherm® 2.0 StormDown® Vest
- First Ascent
- Fill Power
- StormRepel Super DWR
- Phone Pocket
Perfection Evolved. The vest version of our premium ultralight features the same new high-mobility fit and feature set as the jacket and hoodie, minus the sleeves and the drawcord hem. Version 2.0 is more comfortable and mobile, with slightly longer length for added coverage and warmth, and softer fabric to further enhance the comfort.
As an ultralight insulating layer, the MicroTherm is thinner than traditional down vests. But that combination of minimal bulk and effective warmth is what makes it special, and is the result of its patented construction and the exceptionally high-loft StormDown that it holds close to the body for maximum thermal efficiency.
NOTE: As a reference for comparison, we have included the customer reviews of the MicroTherm 1.0 below. Any reviews dated prior to July 30, 2018 are for the MicroTherm 1.0. All reviews dated after July 30, 2018 are for the new MicroTherm 2.0.
- WINDPROOF RECYCLED 20D RIPSTOP POLYESTER SHELL: StormRepel® Super DWR is our longest-lasting, moisture-shedding finish so the wet can't soak in
- 800 FILL STORMDOWN: Retains its loft in wet weather
- RESPONSIBLE DOWN STANDARD (RDS)-CERTIFIED DOWN INSULATION: Certified by Control Union More About RDS
- TRACKMYDOWN SUPPLY INFORMATION ON GARMENT: Learn where your down comes from and what makes premium down premium
- MICROTHERM CONSTRUCTION: Streamlined, micro-channel design for maximum thermal efficiency and compressibility
- STRETCH SIDE PANELS: Increase breathability and mobility, and create a trim, active fit
- ZIP HAND POCKETS: Secure essentials, keep your hands warm
- SECURE ZIP CHEST POCKET WITH MEDIA PORT: Take your music to the mountains
- STOWS EASILY: Packs into chest pocket that has carabiner clip-in loop
- TWO INTERIOR STASH POCKETS: Ideal for gloves or goggles
- Average length: Small 24.5"
- Active: An athletic fit. Close to body without restricting mobility. Designed to fit over baselayers and lightweight midlayers.
- 100% polyester (50% recycled) shell: 95% polyester/5% spandex panels
- Yes, I recommend this productChicADeeGender FemaleHeight 5'5"Type RegularActivityHikingPros Better than the originalConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargenice changesOct 12, 2019
I recently lost my original StormDown vest. I was very upset and decided to order another one for an upcoming back packing trip. I wanted to replace the colors ; blue/purple with a light blue zipper and interior, but alas you no longer have this. I ordered your raisin with burnt orange zipper as an alternative. I am happy with my purchase and realized that there are now zippers on the exterior pockets and the side material is more extensive. It seems to fit longer in the back than my old one. I like this one! I ordered a small and am 5'5" and chest size is 35-36. I can easily layer this with my other jacket without too much bulk.
- Yes, I recommend this productccGender FemaleHeight 5'6"Type TallActivityOtherProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeGreat fit!Oct 5, 2019
It's a pretty good quality compared to what I've been seeing elsewhere. Got in tall instead of regular for longer length, the side panels are bit too wide, they hang over the body to back and front pose to staying on sides only front and back should have been wider instead sides however it fits perfectly and have the length I wanted. Two way zippers would have been nicer, this one comes with one way zipper. I kept it.
- Yes, I recommend this productCold Calgary galGender FemaleHeight 5'9"Type TallActivityOtherPros Light and packable and body hugging fitConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeGreat wardrobe stapleOct 4, 2019
Love this vest not bulky and it is warm and stylish. It gives shape and can be worn with jeans or casual dress. I often feel the cold but don't like the heavy sweaters this is the answer. And VERY light and packable.
Be the first to ask a question.