MicroTherm® 2.0 Down Vest
- First Ascent
- Fill Power
- StormRepel Super DWR
- Recycled Materials
Perfection Evolved. The vest version of our premium ultralight features the same new high-mobility fit and feature set as the jacket and hoodie, minus the sleeves and the drawcord hem. Version 2.0 is more comfortable and mobile, with slightly longer length for added coverage and warmth, and softer fabric to further enhance the comfort.
As an ultralight insulating layer, the MicroTherm is thinner than traditional down vests. But that combination of minimal bulk and effective warmth is what makes it special, and is the result of its patented construction and the exceptionally high-loft Premium Goose Down that it holds close to the body for maximum thermal efficiency.
NOTE: As a reference for comparison, we have included the customer reviews of the MicroTherm 1.0 below. Any reviews dated prior to July 30, 2018 are for the MicroTherm 1.0. All reviews dated after July 30, 2018 are for the new MicroTherm 2.0.
Models shown are 5'9" to 5'11" tall, wearing size S/4.
- Windproof recycled 20D ripstop polyester shell
- StormRepel® Super DWR, our longest lasting, moisture-shedding finish
- 800 fill Responsible Down Standard (RDS) goose down, certified by Control Union More About RDS
- Trackmydown supply information on garment—learn where your down comes from and what makes premium down premium
- Microtherm construction—streamlined, micro-channel design for maximum thermal efficiency and compressibility
- Stretch side panels—increase breathability and mobility, and create a trim, active fit
- Zip hand pockets secure essentials, keep your hands warm
- Secure zip chest pocket with media port—take your music to the mountains
- Stows easily—packs into chest pocket that has carabiner clip-in loop
- Two interior stash pockets—ideal for gloves or goggles
- Length, Reg Small: 24.5" | Weight: 7.2 oz | Down Fill Weight: 1.2 oz
- Active. An athletic fit. Close to body without restricting mobility. Designed to fit over baselayers and lightweight midlayers.
- 100% polyester (50% recycled) shell: 95% polyester/5% spandex panels
Wear it With
- Yes, I recommend this productKristenGender FemaleHeight 5'3"Type RegularActivityHikingPros Comfort, Fit, QualityConsGreat vestApr 15, 2021
Had my eye on this vest for a while. A friend has one and I liked the low profile style for hiking and inbetween weather use. Was a bit afraid it was too small when I tried it on; however, the stretch panels are very flexible and I'm happy with the fit.
- Yes, I recommend this productGijoanieGender FemaleHeight 5'2"Type PetiteActivityLeisurePros Comfort, Easy Care, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsAll I needApr 10, 2021
Perfect everything! warmth, color, fit. Great length too to add to warmth. Very stylish . Light weight !
- Yes, I recommend this productJRJGender FemaleHeight 5'2"Type PetiteActivityLeisurePros Easy Care, Fit, QualityConsLove This VestMar 13, 2021
I have had several of these vests and love them. This new one is cut a bit longer and I like that!