MicroTherm® 2.0 Down Vest
- First Ascent
- Fill Power
- StormRepel Super DWR
- Recycled Materials
Perfection Evolved. The vest version of our premium ultralight features the same new high-mobility fit and feature set as the jacket and hoodie, minus the sleeves and the drawcord hem. Version 2.0 is more comfortable and mobile, with slightly longer length for added coverage and warmth, and softer fabric to further enhance the comfort.
As an ultralight insulating layer, the MicroTherm is thinner than traditional down vests. But that combination of minimal bulk and effective warmth is what makes it special, and is the result of its patented construction and the exceptionally high-loft Premium Goose Down that it holds close to the body for maximum thermal efficiency.
NOTE: As a reference for comparison, we have included the customer reviews of the MicroTherm 1.0 below. Any reviews dated prior to July 30, 2018 are for the MicroTherm 1.0. All reviews dated after July 30, 2018 are for the new MicroTherm 2.0.
- Windproof recycled 20D ripstop polyester shell
- StormRepel® Super DWR, our longest lasting, moisture-shedding finish
- 800 fill Responsible Down Standard (RDS) goose down, certified by Control Union More About RDS
- Trackmydown supply information on garment—learn where your down comes from and what makes premium down premium
- Microtherm construction—streamlined, micro-channel design for maximum thermal efficiency and compressibility
- Stretch side panels—increase breathability and mobility, and create a trim, active fit
- Zip hand pockets secure essentials, keep your hands warm
- Secure zip chest pocket with media port—take your music to the mountains
- Stows easily—packs into chest pocket that has carabiner clip-in loop
- Two interior stash pockets—ideal for gloves or goggles
- Length, Reg Small: 24.5" | Weight: 7.2 oz | Down Fill Weight: 1.2 oz
- Active. An athletic fit. Close to body without restricting mobility. Designed to fit over baselayers and lightweight midlayers.
- 100% polyester (50% recycled) shell: 95% polyester/5% spandex panels
Wear it With
- Yes, I recommend this productAmanda B.Gender FemaleHeight 5'9"Type RegularActivityHikingPros Fit, Quality, VersatileConsBest vestMar 6, 2021
I bought this to layer under my rain jacket and I'm so happy with it. It's very warm and perfect for layering. It has a trim fit so there's no bulk! The warmth is perfect for layering for spring/fall outings here in the PNW.
- Yes, I recommend this productM QtGender FemaleHeight 4'11"Type RegularActivityHikingPros VersatileConsPerfectMar 1, 2021
I was pleased to find the vest has several more pockets and is warmer than anticipated . I was telling someone the vest would be perfect if only there was a "buttonhole" to pass your headphone wire through. In the same breath, I found the "buttonhole" for the headphone wire, so, I guess that makes it perfect.
- Yes, I recommend this productSheilaGender FemaleHeight 5'7"Type RegularActivityLeisurePros Comfort, Easy Care, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsQuality productFeb 26, 2021
Great vest. Nicely made, stylish and tailored just right. I am tall and this is a perfect length. Goes with alot. Wish it had a bit more down and the outer layer material was more substantial...tighter weave and more satin finsh, has an odd look to it. (at least in the gray color) Thank you.