BC DuraWeave Alpine Pants
- Super DWR
The most technically advanced and durable women's alpine pants we've ever built. Super-rugged DuraWeave fabric, engineered with CORDURA® nylon in high-abrasion areas, stands up to the most punishing use and demanding terrain. Fully seam-sealed, three-layer WeatherEdge® Flux nylon shell, powered by eVent® technology, delivers complete waterproof protection and superior breathability. Designed with our team of world-class alpine guides. Nothing tougher on the mountain.
- StormRepel® Super DWR: Longest-lasting moisture-shedding finish
- Comfortable Waist Design: Integrated, removable webbing belt, and partial elastic at back for no-gap fit
- Extended Side Zippers: 7/8-length reaches almost to waist for maximum venting and easy on/off
- Single Thigh Pocket: Positioned on side of leg for comfort while kicking steps
- CORDURA® Fabric Reinforced Hem and Instep: Maximum durability
- Metal Grommets At Hem: Allows you to use a cord to secure cuff over boot while boot packing in deep snow
- Classic: A universal fit. Not too slim, not too relaxed on body. Designed to fit over midweight layers.
- 100% nylon
- Not a curvy gal | Verified userGender FemaleHeight 5'3"Type RegularActivityClimbingPros Tough waterproof materialCons Cut is relaxed and too wide at the ankle, No way to adjust, XS is fits very largeFitness meter label is largeFit:SmallLargeNon curvy lady needs xxsJun 14, 2018
I ordered the XS based on the size chart online (the product is not available in store in Canada). It fits very large and the legs are very wide and the fit of this product is obviously for someone who is curvy. The pants are very baggy on me in spite of being "XS". I would need a XXS. The legs are straight cut and very wide - not good for mountaineering where catching your crampon on your pants leg can be fatal if you trip. There is no way to adjust (ie a zipper or snap that would make it a slimmer profile). There is no articulation at the knees, which would be a great feature, given all of the extra material that one has to contend with. A well made product, but the material is very stiff and in the cold it is very loud and crinkly when you move. The only redeeming factor in my purchase is that I will use them in extreme cold conditions where I will need to wear more bulky layers underneath to keep my legs warm.