EverTherm Down Hooded Jacket
- First Ascent
- Temp Rating
- StormRepel Super DWR
- Secure Pocket
No quilting. No cold spots. This is down. Revolutionary new Thindown® fabric replaces traditional, high-loft down clusters with ultrathin down sheets, eliminating the need for quilting or channels. It also creates maximum thermal efficiency without bulk and, since the down is uniform throughout, there are no cold spots. You get all warmth, no puff, in a simple, streamlined design that delivers superior technical performance.
NOTE: Temperature ratings are based on a controlled laboratory test, using low and moderate activity levels. Also consider: your sensitivity to cold and wind-chill; time of exposure; activity level; and use of layering.
- StormRepel® Super DWR: Longest-lasting moisture-shedding finish on nylon shell
- 30g EverTherm Down Insulation: ThinDown® technology provides maximum warmth, minimum loft with no down leakage
- Low-Profile Insulated Hood: Elastic binding enhances fit and comfort
- Zip-Close Chest And Hand Pockets: Keep essentials secure
- Elastic binding at Cuffs: Seals out the cold
- Adjustable, drawcord waist: Dials in the fit
- Average length: Reg Small 25"
- Classic: A universal fit. Not too slim, not too relaxed on body. Designed to fit over midweight layers.
- Shell: 100% nylon
READ MORE REVIEWS
- Yes, I recommend this productancientgenesGender FemaleHeightType RegularActivityTravelProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeExactly the right jacketSep 9, 2019
Lightweight and comfortable. The weather is still warm where I live, so I haven't "field-tested" it yet. But I feel sure it will keep me warm.
- Yes, I recommend this productLoriGender FemaleHeight 5'7"Type RegularActivityOtherProsConsFitness meter label is moderately smallFit:SmallLargeBeautiful jacketJul 9, 2019
A bit on the expensive side, but I bought it on clearance. Fits true to size or a bit small.
- Yes, I recommend this productTashaGender FemaleHeight 5'2"Type PetiteActivityHikingPros Low Profile, Maximum Movement, Soft, Warm in moderate/high activity, Water Resistant, Wind ProofCons ExpensiveFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeGreat ACTIVE Down JacketJun 14, 2019
I read many reviews that made me hesitant to buy this jacket but I am so glad I ignored them and bought it. This is my review after owning it through 2018 fall, 2019 winter, and 2019 spring in Colorado. First of all I have to say that this jacket does not claim to be so warm you can sit in the cold or take a walk through town on a freezing winter day and stay warm. You most likely will be a cold if it is 20 degrees out and this is your only layer during minimal activity. This jacket is intended for moderate to high activity in the freezing cold and it does an incredible job (this is coming from someone who is always cold)! I have worn it snowshoeing, backpacking, and hiking in below freezing, windy, and snowy conditions and have stayed nice and warm. I love how much movement I have in this jacket, my shoulders and arms never feel constricted, it is not bulky whatsoever, and the material is extremely soft and comfortable yet I have had no issues with tears or even ember burns next to a campfire. I have even slept in this on a blistery winter night in my tent in total comfort. I did wear it in an absolute downpour for about five minutes and it did get wet on the outside but did not soak through, this is not a waterproof jacket but the water resistance seems pretty good for what it is. But I would not wear it on a regular basis in consistently rainy weather I can't imagine it would be ideal in really wet conditions. When I need extra warmth or a layer of protection from rain I top it with my rain jacket. On a cold winter night in the woods a long sleeve shirt, this jacket and a rain coat are all I need to stay cozy. I don't like the look of traditional puffs so I was extremely excited to find this very sleek and stylish yet completely usable down jacket. I highly recommend giving this a shot if you want a puffy that is light, packs down small, and keeps you warm while being active in freezing temps.
Be the first to ask a question.