EverTherm® Downdraft Hooded Jacket
- First Ascent
- Temp Rating
- StormRepel Super DWR
- Packs Into Pocket
No quilting. No cold spots. This is down. Revolutionary Thindown® fabric replaces traditional, high-loft down clusters with ultrathin sheets of 85% down/15% polyester. This eliminates the need for quilting or channels while maintaining all the thermal efficiency that makes down famous. The streamlined design and soft, highly-breathable stretch shell fabric deliver superior technical performance while active in cold weather. All without a hint of bulk.
NOTE: Temperature ratings are based on a controlled laboratory test by an independent university lab. Also consider: your sensitivity to cold and wind-chill; time of exposure; activity level; and use of layering.
Models shown are 6'0" to 6'2" tall, wearing size M/32x32.
- 30g Responsible Down Standard (RDS) Thindown®, certified by Control Union 851564 More About RDS
- StormRepel® Super DWR—our longest lasting moisture-shedding finish
- Helmet-compatible hood
- Secure zip pockets
- Packs into pocket
- Length, Reg Medium: 29"
- Active. An athletic fit. Close to the body without restricting mobility. Designed to fit over baselayers and lightweight midlayers.
- 100% nylon
Wear it With
- Yes, I recommend this productOld KishGender MaleHeight 6'1"Type TallActivityLeisurePros Comfort, Quality, VersatileConsmy go-to jacket for around townFeb 18, 2022
I wear this jacket everywhere around town and walking the dogs until the temps drop into the low teens. Below that and I need a vest or heavy shirt. My favorite feature of this jacket is the hood. It just stays out without blowing back in stiff wind, no adjustments necessary because of the perfectly placed elastic. Light and very comfortable I will wear this for everything except rigorous outdoor activities because of the lack of vents.
- Yes, I recommend this productDrewGender MaleHeight 6'1"Type TallActivityCampingPros Comfort, Easy Care, Fit, Quality, VersatileConslow profile high warmthFeb 15, 2022
For me this is an indispensable layering piece in my kit for mountain adventures. extremely useful as a warm midlayer when i'm skiing, ski touring, hiking, camping. the thin down gives it a low volume, low profile fit that works excellently under an outer shell, with an excellent warmth-weight ratio. the DWR finish makes it water repellent, but definitely pair with a shell of some sort if you're spending extended time in wet precipitation.
- Yes, I recommend this productRipriseGender MaleHeight 5'8"Type RegularActivityClimbingPros Comfort, Fit, VersatileConsComfy and Light. Great Climbing Jacket.Apr 21, 2022
At first I wasn't sure what to think of this jacket. I love the lightness, warmth, and pack ability of Evertherm (plus it doesn't shed feathers) but wasn't sure where this fit into my kit. It's not an active insulation jacket, a belay jacket or that just in case layer you toss in if you think you'll need something more than a windbreaker. It's better than that. It's all three! I think the versatility here is what's really impressive. Provides better than expected wind protection (20-30 mph didn't notice) where as other active insulation pieces I have the wind cuts right through. It's light and unobtrusive on a harness and layers well with fleece and other layers. It's not ultralight, but lightweight and feels very durable for the weight. Good compromise between durability, pack ability, and comfort. You don't have to worry about rocks or gear tearing holes in it. Hood fits well over or without a climbing helmet. It would get 5 stars if it had interior pockets to stash gear and gloves and a two way front zipper. If those two things don't bother you and you are looking for a comfortable, versatile, and packable down jacket without the puff and leakage this one is a winner.