MicroTherm® FreeFuse™ Stretch Down Hooded Jacket
- First Ascent
- StormRepel Super DWR
- Fill Power
The next generation of our best-selling MicroTherm ultralight, this new hoodie features FreeFuse construction. Traditionally, inner and outer layers of fabric are stitched together and then quilted with additional stitching. But this jacket is made with a single sheet of fabric that's folded over and woven together in discontinuous channels to hold the down. This cutting-edge technique saves weight, maximizes breathability, helps reduce cold spots, and minimizes down migration.
The nylon/spandex stretch shell provides exceptional mobility and features a super-durable water-repellent finish that beads moisture. High-loft Premium Down insulation delivers sub-zero warmth in mere ounces.
Models shown are 6'0" to 6'2" tall, wearing size M/32x32.
- StormRepel® Super DWR, our longest lasting moisture-shedding finish
- 800 fill Responsible Down Standard (RDS) down, certified by Control Union More About RDS
- FreeFuse™ discontinuous channel-weave construction to enhance breathability and eliminate cold spots
- Three exterior secure zip pockets
- Adjustable drawcord hem dials in the fit
- Packs into left hand pocket
- Length, Reg Medium: 28.5" | Weight: 16.5 oz | Down Fill Weight: 3.3 oz
- Active. An athletic fit. Close to the body without restricting mobility. Designed to fit over baselayers and lightweight midlayers.
- 85% nylon/15% spandex
Wear it With
- Yes, I recommend this productThanhGender MaleHeight 5'9"Type RegularActivityCampingPros Comfort, Easy Care, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsPerfect jacket for meJun 4, 2021
It's perfect for me. At 42-33-40, I am usually between medium and large. The deciding factor is the fit around my chest. In this jacket, I am a medium. Overall the jacket is slim and athletic. Following the down tracking label, I found out that this jacket actually uses 840 FP down, pretty premium stuff. The stretch is amazing, the hood fits close to your head and you can still wear a toque. A tight cuff and a half hem cinch-cord finish off this package. This jacket is great at just above freezing on it own and it will probably get you through most of your winter with a fleece layer under it. For a down jacket, it was easy to wash. Only one feather came out during a wash, which is amazing for a down jacket. My only complaint is that I have the evertherm as well, they both have EB StormRepel® Super DWR, but I find this jacket wet out and leak water way faster than the evertherm. I am going to say that it has barely functional DWR. Overall, a great jacket.
- Yes, I recommend this productRobertGender MaleHeight 6'0"Type RegularActivityLeisurePros Comfort, FitConsGreat light-weight jacketMay 8, 2021
So far this is a great jacket for transitional early- and late-winter weather. It's light-weight and comfortable, but also quite warm. The jacket seems like it would also be warm enough in cold winter temps as long as you're doing some physical activity. The fit is great, and I love the stretchy nylon shell. Will be great for cool weather biking.
- Yes, I recommend this productTimGender MaleHeight 6'0"Type RegularActivityLeisurePros Comfort, Easy Care, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsI love this Coat and it's vary warmApr 19, 2021
Fits good on me. But I see it's not suitable for a man with a big Stomach fits to the shape of your body.