BC EverTherm® Down Jacket
- First Ascent
- Temp Rating
- StormRepel Super DWR
The lightest waterproof down jacket we've ever built. Provides complete weather protection in ounces with puffless Thindown® technology. Revolutionary new Thindown fabric replaces traditional, high-loft down clusters with ultrathin down sheets, eliminating the need for quilting or channels. It also creates maximum thermal efficiency without bulk and, since the down is uniform throughout, there are no cold spots. You get all warmth, no puff, in a simple, streamlined design that delivers superior technical performance.
NOTE: Temperature ratings are based on a controlled laboratory test, using low and moderate activity levels. Also consider: your sensitivity to cold and wind-chill; time of exposure; activity level; and use of layering.
- WeatherEdge® Pro shell: Ultralight 15-denier with 20/20 waterproof/breathable rating
- StormRepel® Super DWR: Our longest-lasting moisture-shedding finish
- 45g EverTherm Down Insulation: Thindown® technology provides maximum warmth, minimum loft with no down leakage
- Responsible Down Standard (RDS)-certified down insulation: Certified by Control Union More About RDS
- Adjustable Insulated Hood: Fine tune the fit and comfort
- Chest and Side Zip Pockets: Pack-compatible placement for easy access
- Internal chest pocket: Keep essentials secure
- Adjustable, drawcord hem: Seals out cold
- Length: Med 31"
- Classic: A universal fit. Not too slim, not too relaxed on body. Designed to fit over midweight layers.
- 100% nylon
READ MORE REVIEWS
- Yes, I recommend this productNate1after909Gender MaleHeight 5'7"Type RegularActivityHikingPros lightweight, warmth, waterproofConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeExcellent All Around JacketMay 8, 2019
I agree with some other reviewers - this is not a stand alone winter jacket. It does fit a downlight jacket underneath, though, if you want to use it for winter. This jacket excels for me as a perfect cold rain, windproof, watertight unit for hikes or any activity in early spring or late fall. It is everything I wanted the original evertherm jacket to be : loaded with pockets, adjustments for a perfect custom fit for each situation, and enough warmth to ward off chilly weather without overheating. A bit pricey unless you catch the half price sale, but an excellent quality jacket I will use for years. Good job Eddie Bauer! Note on sizing : Fits as the Evertherm does, true to size; I usually size up to an XL for Eddie jackets, but this one is roomy inmy normal size, L
- Yes, I recommend this productRoccoGender MaleHeight 6'0"Type RegularActivityLeisurePros Adjustable hood, Lightweight, Warm, WaterproofConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeLightweight warmth and rain protectionApr 1, 2019
- Yes, I recommend this productGear AddictGender MaleHeight 5'11"Type RegularActivityTravelProsConsFitness meter label is moderately largeFit:SmallLargeMy new "Go To" Jacket in the WinterMar 22, 2019
This jacket has kept me warm in -40 degree snowstorms in the far north and has proven well in the high winds and wind chill in Southern Ontario. Very thin and lightweight and surprisingly warm, windproof and waterproof. I chose to wear this jacket over my Canada Goose parka as it is much less bulky. The thindown really works.