MicroTherm® 2.0 Down Hooded Jacket
- First Ascent
- Temp Rating
- Fill Power
- StormRepel Super DWR
Perfection Evolved. Version 2.0 of our premium ultralight has an improved fit that's more comfortable and mobile, a slightly longer length for added coverage and warmth, a softer fabric to further enhance the comfort, and a secure drawcord hem to seal out cold and fine-tune the fit.
As an ultralight insulating layer, the MicroTherm is thinner than traditional down jackets. But that combination of minimal bulk and effective warmth is what makes it special, and is the result of its patented construction and the exceptionally high-loft StormDown that it holds close to the body for maximum thermal efficiency.
NOTE: Temperature ratings are based on a controlled laboratory test, using low and moderate activity levels. Also consider: your sensitivity to cold and wind-chill; time of exposure; activity level; and use of layering.
NOTE: As a reference for comparison, we have included the customer reviews of the MicroTherm 1.0 below. Any reviews dated prior to July 30, 2018 are for the MicroTherm 1.0. All reviews dated after July 30, 2018 are for the new MicroTherm 2.0.
- 1 Oz 20D Recycled Ripstop Polyester Shell: Perfect balance of light weight and strength
- StormRepel® Super DWR: Our longest-lasting moisture-shedding finish
- 800 fill Responsible Down Standard (RDS) down, certified by Control Union More About RDS
- Trackmydown supply information on garment: Learn where your down comes from and what makes premium down premium
- Insulated Hood: Elastic binding provides secure fit
- Secure Zip Pockets: Media port in chest pocket
- Packs into chest pocket: Space-saving compressibility
- Average length: Reg 28"
- Active: An athletic fit. Close to the body without restricting mobility. Designed to fit over baselayers and lightweight midlayers.
- 100% polyester
- Yes, I recommend this productShariGenderHeightTypeActivityProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeGreat jacketNov 17, 2019
Ordered this for my (very picky) teenage son and he has worn it every day since it arrived!
- Yes, I recommend this productT. M.Gender MaleHeight 5'8"Type RegularActivityLeisureProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeStylishly Warm!! 💪🏽Nov 15, 2019
Awesome Jacket! Fits perfectly and is warm. Okay Eddie B., I see you. Strong product.
- Yes, I recommend this productBauerCustomerGender MaleHeight 6'3"Type TallActivityCampingProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeWarm and LightNov 15, 2019
Bought this as a mid-layer insulating jacket to stuff in my hunting backpack. It fit the bill nicely. With the athletic cut it fit well and was not bulky under my outer-layer jacket. Performed nicely on its own as an outer layer shedding wind and keeping me toasty and stylin'.
- Asked Nov 10, 2019 by1 answerQ: What's the lowest temperature i can wear this jacket by itself with only a shirt under?A:The temperature rating of our jackets are done in a laboratory in a controlled environment based on low and moderate activity levels. The lowest temperature rating for this jacket with only a shirt underneath will vary for every individual due to several variables such as sensitivity to cold and wind-chill, time of exposure, activity level. And in this specific scenario you are asking about, you will want to consider the specific features of the shirt you will be pairing it with (i.e. fabric, weight, etc).Answered Nov 20, 2019 by| EXPERT
- Asked Oct 23, 2019 by1 answerQ: Do you use this jacket to layer underneath a warmer coat? How is -23 achieved? It is a very light coat. I'm going on a trip to Iceland and wanted something lightweight while we hiked around.A:The temperature ratings we list are based on a controlled laboratory test, using low and moderate activity levels. The temperatures displayed in the icon are the results from the moderate activity level, giving you an idea of what the lowest temperature this jacket can be used in with proper layering at a moderate aerobic power output. For low activity levels, based on the lab test, this jacket will perform down to 7 degrees Celsius or 45 degrees Fahrenheit. Some other variables you may want to consider when deciding what jacket is right for you: your sensitivity to cold and wind-chill; time of exposure; activity level; and use of layering.Answered Nov 20, 2019 by| EXPERT
- Asked Oct 17, 2019 by1 answerQ: Does this jacket have flannel lining in the pockets like the Downlight Hooded Jacket?A:No, the Microtherm Hooded Jacket does not have the same lining. The pockets use the same fabric as the lining on the inside of the Microtherm.Answered Oct 18, 2019 by| EXPERT