MicroTherm® 2.0 Down Hooded Jacket
- First Ascent
- Temp Rating
- Fill Power
- StormRepel Super DWR
Our premium ultralight has a streamlined fit that's built for mobility. Comfort is further enhanced with the soft, recycled ripstop polyester shell and its adjustable drawcord hem. But the real crux of this hoodie is the 800 fill Premium Goose Down insulation. Maximum warmth. Minimum weight and bulk.
As an ultralight insulating layer, the MicroTherm is thinner than traditional down jackets. But that combination of minimal bulk and effective warmth is what makes it special, and is the result of its unique micro-channel construction and the exceptionally high-loft down that it holds close to the body for maximum thermal efficiency.
NOTE: Temperature ratings are based on a controlled laboratory test, using low and moderate activity levels. Also consider: your sensitivity to cold and wind-chill; time of exposure; activity level; and use of layering.
- 1 Oz 20D Recycled Ripstop Polyester Shell: Perfect balance of light weight and strength
- StormRepel® Super DWR: Our longest-lasting moisture-shedding finish
- 800 fill Responsible Down Standard (RDS) down, certified by Control Union More About RDS
- Trackmydown supply information on garment: Learn where your down comes from and what makes premium down premium
- Insulated Hood: Elastic binding provides secure fit
- Secure Zip Pockets: Media port in chest pocket
- Packs into chest pocket: Space-saving compressibility
- Length, Reg Medium: 28"
- Active; An athletic fit. Close to the body without restricting mobility. Designed to fit over baselayers and lightweight midlayers.
- 100% polyester
- Yes, I recommend this productBillGender MaleHeight 5'11"Type RegularActivityWalkingProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeAs orderedJan 20, 2020
Love this jacket
- Yes, I recommend this productCreative DesignerGender MaleHeight 6'1"Type TallActivitySkiingPros Lightweight, WarmConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeLove this lightweight jacketJan 18, 2020
Every winter I get tired wearing heavy winter coats/parkas. It just gets old pretty fast. I'm in the Capital Region of New York State. The jacket performs very well in the wintry mix we get - sleet, cold, freezing rain, wind, ice and snow. I love how lightweight it is. It's like I have no jacket on at all. I like the athletic fit and how it has some stretch material in the shoulders for free movement of my arms when I shovel snow or cross-country ski.
- Yes, I recommend this productDaveGender MaleHeight 5'6"Type RegularActivityCommuteProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeLove this jacket - Light, Compact, Very WarmJan 16, 2020
I originally bought this jacket without the hood, then realized I should've gotten it with the hood. Returning and swapping was a breeze in the store. I'm 5'6" 150lbs and the men's small was a perfect fit. It's compact, lightweight, and very warm. The best thing is that the pockets don't look bulking when items are in them. When I put my wallet in the chest pocket and other items in the regular pockets, it's hardly noticeable compared to my old jacket with the same items.
- Asked Nov 10, 2019 by1 answerQ: What's the lowest temperature i can wear this jacket by itself with only a shirt under?A:The temperature rating of our jackets are done in a laboratory in a controlled environment based on low and moderate activity levels. The lowest temperature rating for this jacket with only a shirt underneath will vary for every individual due to several variables such as sensitivity to cold and wind-chill, time of exposure, activity level. And in this specific scenario you are asking about, you will want to consider the specific features of the shirt you will be pairing it with (i.e. fabric, weight, etc).Answered Nov 20, 2019 by| EXPERT
- Asked Oct 23, 2019 by1 answerQ: Do you use this jacket to layer underneath a warmer coat? How is -23 achieved? It is a very light coat. I'm going on a trip to Iceland and wanted something lightweight while we hiked around.A:The temperature ratings we list are based on a controlled laboratory test, using low and moderate activity levels. The temperatures displayed in the icon are the results from the moderate activity level, giving you an idea of what the lowest temperature this jacket can be used in with proper layering at a moderate aerobic power output. For low activity levels, based on the lab test, this jacket will perform down to 7 degrees Celsius or 45 degrees Fahrenheit. Some other variables you may want to consider when deciding what jacket is right for you: your sensitivity to cold and wind-chill; time of exposure; activity level; and use of layering.Answered Nov 20, 2019 by| EXPERT
- Asked Oct 17, 2019 by1 answerQ: Does this jacket have flannel lining in the pockets like the Downlight Hooded Jacket?A:No, the Microtherm Hooded Jacket does not have the same lining. The pockets use the same fabric as the lining on the inside of the Microtherm.Answered Oct 18, 2019 by| EXPERT