MicroTherm® 2.0 Down Hooded Jacket
- First Ascent
- Temp Rating
- Fill Power
- StormRepel Super DWR
Perfection Evolved. Version 2.0 of our premium ultralight has an improved fit that's more comfortable and mobile, a slightly longer length for added coverage and warmth, a softer fabric to further enhance the comfort, and a secure drawcord hem to seal out cold and fine-tune the fit.
As an ultralight insulating layer, the MicroTherm is thinner than traditional down jackets. But that combination of minimal bulk and effective warmth is what makes it special, and is the result of its patented construction and the exceptionally high-loft StormDown that it holds close to the body for maximum thermal efficiency.
NOTE: Temperature ratings are based on a controlled laboratory test, using low and moderate activity levels. Also consider: your sensitivity to cold and wind-chill; time of exposure; activity level; and use of layering.
NOTE: As a reference for comparison, we have included the customer reviews of the MicroTherm 1.0 below. Any reviews dated prior to July 30, 2018 are for the MicroTherm 1.0. All reviews dated after July 30, 2018 are for the new MicroTherm 2.0.
- 1 Oz 20D Recycled Ripstop Polyester Shell: Perfect balance of light weight and strength
- StormRepel® Super DWR: Our longest-lasting moisture-shedding finish
- 800 fill Responsible Down Standard (RDS) down, certified by Control Union More About RDS
- Trackmydown supply information on garment: Learn where your down comes from and what makes premium down premium
- Insulated Hood: Elastic binding provides secure fit
- Secure Zip Pockets: Media port in chest pocket
- Packs into chest pocket: Space-saving compressibility
- Average length: Reg 28"
- Active: An athletic fit. Close to the body without restricting mobility. Designed to fit over baselayers and lightweight midlayers.
- 100% polyester
- Yes, I recommend this productT. M.Gender MaleHeight 5'8"Type RegularActivityLeisureProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeStylishly Warm!! 💪🏽Nov 15, 2019
Awesome Jacket! Fits perfectly and is warm. Okay Eddie B., I see you. Strong product.
- Yes, I recommend this productBauerCustomerGender MaleHeight 6'3"Type TallActivityCampingProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeWarm and LightNov 15, 2019
Bought this as a mid-layer insulating jacket to stuff in my hunting backpack. It fit the bill nicely. With the athletic cut it fit well and was not bulky under my outer-layer jacket. Performed nicely on its own as an outer layer shedding wind and keeping me toasty and stylin'.
- J.Gender MaleHeight 5'9"Type RegularActivityCommuteProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeGreat JacketNov 15, 2019
I have had this jacket about 3 weeks and so far so good. It hasn't been very cold yet. Close to single digits but mostly in the 20's and 30's with a few lower teens. The jacket is light and warm and works especially well while traveling. I don't get overheated walking through the airport and its easy to make it very small for the overhead bin. My only minor complaint is the same with all EB down: the elastic at the end of the cuffs (sleeves) isn't tight enough so they easily slide up.That ice cold air on the wrist is not comfortable
- Asked Oct 17, 2019 by1 answerQ: Does this jacket have flannel lining in the pockets like the Downlight Hooded Jacket?A:No, the Microtherm Hooded Jacket does not have the same lining. The pockets use the same fabric as the lining on the inside of the Microtherm.Answered Oct 18, 2019 by| EXPERT