MicroTherm® 2.0 Down Hooded Jacket
- First Ascent
- Temp Rating
- Fill Power
- StormRepel Super DWR
Perfection Evolved. Version 2.0 of our premium ultralight has an improved fit that's more comfortable and mobile, a slightly longer length for added coverage and warmth, a softer fabric to further enhance the comfort, and a secure drawcord hem to seal out cold and fine-tune the fit.
As an ultralight insulating layer, the MicroTherm is thinner than traditional down jackets. But that combination of minimal bulk and effective warmth is what makes it special, and is the result of its patented construction and the exceptionally high-loft StormDown that it holds close to the body for maximum thermal efficiency.
NOTE: Temperature ratings are based on a controlled laboratory test, using low and moderate activity levels. Also consider: your sensitivity to cold and wind-chill; time of exposure; activity level; and use of layering.
NOTE: As a reference for comparison, we have included the customer reviews of the MicroTherm 1.0 below. Any reviews dated prior to July 30, 2018 are for the MicroTherm 1.0. All reviews dated after July 30, 2018 are for the new MicroTherm 2.0.
- 1 Oz 20D Recycled Ripstop Polyester Shell: Perfect balance of light weight and strength
- StormRepel® Super DWR: Our longest-lasting moisture-shedding finish
- 800 fill Responsible Down Standard (RDS) down, certified by Control Union More About RDS
- Trackmydown supply information on garment: Learn where your down comes from and what makes premium down premium
- Insulated Hood: Elastic binding provides secure fit
- Secure Zip Pockets: Media port in chest pocket
- Packs into chest pocket: Space-saving compressibility
- Average length: Reg 28"
- Active: An athletic fit. Close to the body without restricting mobility. Designed to fit over baselayers and lightweight midlayers.
- 100% polyester
- Yes, I recommend this productHieuGender MaleHeight 5'9"Type TallActivityWear to WorkProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeGreat jacket to stay warmNov 11, 2019
A little laborious to stuff it into the carry pocket but very convenient for carrying when you get too warm.
- Yes, I recommend this productJavyHdzGender MaleHeight 5'5"Type RegularActivityLeisureProsConsFitness meter label is moderately smallFit:SmallLargeGreat product!Nov 3, 2019
- Yes, I recommend this productJosiahGender MaleHeight 5'11"Type RegularActivityHikingProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeGreat Product,Nov 2, 2019
Great jacket, would recommend it to anyone. Love the waterproof feature, it came in handy when tested in a down pour. The Hood shape is designed more for a bigger head then move which is kind of annoying but other then that no complaints. Overall I wouldn't pay full price for this but if you can pick it up on sale then definitely do that!
- Asked Oct 17, 2019 by1 answerQ: Does this jacket have flannel lining in the pockets like the Downlight Hooded Jacket?A:No, the Microtherm Hooded Jacket does not have the same lining. The pockets use the same fabric as the lining on the inside of the Microtherm.Answered Oct 18, 2019 by| EXPERT