MicroTherm® 2.0 Down Jacket
- First Ascent
- Temp Rating
- Fill Power
- StormRepel Super DWR
Perfection Evolved. Version 2.0 of our premium ultralight has an improved fit that's more comfortable and mobile, a slightly longer length for added coverage and warmth, a softer fabric to further enhance the comfort, and a secure drawcord hem to seal out cold and fine-tune the fit.
As an ultralight insulating layer, the MicroTherm is thinner than traditional down jackets. But that combination of minimal bulk and effective warmth is what makes it special, and is the result of its patented construction and the exceptionally high-loft Premium Down that it holds close to the body for maximum thermal efficiency.
NOTE: Temperature ratings are based on a controlled laboratory test, using low and moderate activity levels. Also consider: your sensitivity to cold and wind-chill; time of exposure; activity level; and use of layering.
NOTE: As a reference for comparison, we have included the customer reviews of the MicroTherm 1.0 below. Any reviews dated prior to July 30, 2018 are for the MicroTherm 1.0. All reviews dated after July 30, 2018 are for the new MicroTherm 2.0.
- 1 Oz 20D Recycled Ripstop Polyester Shell: Perfect balance of light weight and strength
- StormRepel® Super DWR: Our longest-lasting moisture-shedding finish
- 800 fill Premium Down: Maximum warmth, minimum weight
- Responsible Down Standard (RDS)-certified down insulation: Certified by Control Union More About RDS
- Trackmydown supply information on garment: Learn where your down comes from and what makes premium down premium
- Secure Zip Pockets: Media port in chest pocket
- Packs into chest pocket: Space-saving compressibility
- Average length: Reg 28"
- Active; An athletic fit. Close to the body without restricting mobility. Designed to fit over baselayers and lightweight midlayers.
- 100% polyester
- Yes, I recommend this productCWGender MaleHeight 5'9"Type RegularActivityProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeGreat JacketJan 22, 2020
Great jacket that is lightweight and warm. The cut is slimmer which is nice.
- Yes, I recommend this productJBudsGender MaleHeight 6'4"Type TallActivityWear to WorkProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLarge1 " thick loft does the trickJan 22, 2020
Nice looking jacket, but the fit is rather tight. The loft is about 1 inch. Warmth is great for Southern California urban living. Sizing: LT was too tight around for my 6'4" 225# body. I wear 36" shirt sleeves, but fit my 6'2" 180# son very well though (he also wears 36" sleeves).
- Yes, I recommend this productTitan TravelerGender MaleHeight 5'9"Type RegularActivityLeisureProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeWarm and comfortableJan 20, 2020
Every member of my family has an Eddie Bauer down coat. This one for my husband is our most recent purchase. The coat keeps him toasty warm but not hot. The added bonus is the coat is not bulky.
- Asked Nov 10, 2019 by1 answerQ: Does this jacket have side pockets?A:Yes, this jacket has two exterior secure hand pockets.Answered Nov 20, 2019 by| EXPERT