MicroTherm® 2.0 Down Jacket
- First Ascent
- Temp Rating
- Fill Power
- StormRepel Super DWR
Perfection Evolved. Version 2.0 of our premium ultralight has an improved fit that's more comfortable and mobile, a slightly longer length for added coverage and warmth, a softer fabric to further enhance the comfort, and a secure drawcord hem to seal out cold and fine-tune the fit.
As an ultralight insulating layer, the MicroTherm is thinner than traditional down jackets. But that combination of minimal bulk and effective warmth is what makes it special, and is the result of its patented construction and the exceptionally high-loft Premium Down that it holds close to the body for maximum thermal efficiency.
NOTE: Temperature ratings are based on a controlled laboratory test, using low and moderate activity levels. Also consider: your sensitivity to cold and wind-chill; time of exposure; activity level; and use of layering.
NOTE: As a reference for comparison, we have included the customer reviews of the MicroTherm 1.0 below. Any reviews dated prior to July 30, 2018 are for the MicroTherm 1.0. All reviews dated after July 30, 2018 are for the new MicroTherm 2.0.
- 1 Oz 20D Recycled Ripstop Polyester Shell: Perfect balance of light weight and strength
- StormRepel® Super DWR: Our longest-lasting moisture-shedding finish
- 800 fill Premium Down: Maximum warmth, minimum weight
- Responsible Down Standard (RDS)-certified down insulation: Certified by Control Union More About RDS
- Trackmydown supply information on garment: Learn where your down comes from and what makes premium down premium
- Secure Zip Pockets: Media port in chest pocket
- Packs into chest pocket: Space-saving compressibility
- Average length: Reg 28"
- Active; An athletic fit. Close to the body without restricting mobility. Designed to fit over baselayers and lightweight midlayers.
- 100% polyester
- LuLuGenderHeightTypeActivityProsConsGreat JacketDec 8, 2019
Bought for my son who lives in CT. He loves it. I trust Eddie Bauer and have never been disappointetd.
- Yes, I recommend this productMattGender MaleHeightType RegularActivityLeisureProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargePretty Dope Versatile JacketDec 7, 2019
Great jacket. Warm enough for cold weather yet breathable and comfortable enough to wear inside at stores etc. Love that it's so light and comfortable you forget that you have it on. Fabric is soft, not sure about durability yet as I've only had it a couple weeks. Will update later. Definitely pleased overall. Going to use it as a pack jacket for work in colder climates.
- Yes, I recommend this productoutsideGenderHeight 6'1"Type RegularActivityProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeNice!!Dec 6, 2019
I bought this on sale - 50%. I'm 6'-1" 160 lbs / 72.5kg. I bought a large regular ascent blue. Fits perfect and looks great. There's room to comfortably layer under it if need be, and it doesn't feel bulky at all. I don't like a tight athletic fit, so I'm very happy with this, and hope the info helps others in their decision-making. Looking forward to stuffing it small into my pack when hiking the shoulder seasons, but will also wear it lots on mild winter days, and XC skiing. I've given it 5 stars, but can't actually speak to the quality, not having worn it for any length of time, other than to say it looks to be made well.
- Asked Nov 10, 2019 by1 answerQ: Does this jacket have side pockets?A:Yes, this jacket has two exterior secure hand pockets.Answered Nov 20, 2019 by| EXPERT