MicroTherm® 2.0 Down Jacket
- First Ascent
- Temp Rating
- Fill Power
- StormRepel Super DWR
- Recycled Materials
Perfection Evolved. Version 2.0 of our premium ultralight has an improved fit that's more comfortable and mobile, a slightly longer length for added coverage and warmth, a softer fabric to further enhance the comfort, and a secure drawcord hem to seal out cold and fine-tune the fit.
As an ultralight insulating layer, the MicroTherm is thinner than traditional down jackets. But that combination of minimal bulk and effective warmth is what makes it special, and is the result of its patented construction and the exceptionally high-loft Premium Down that it holds close to the body for maximum thermal efficiency.
NOTE: Temperature ratings are based on a controlled laboratory test by an independent university lab. Also consider: your sensitivity to cold and wind-chill; time of exposure; activity level; and use of layering.
NOTE: As a reference for comparison, we have included the customer reviews of the MicroTherm 1.0 below. Any reviews dated prior to July 30, 2018 are for the MicroTherm 1.0. All reviews dated after July 30, 2018 are for the new MicroTherm 2.0.
- 1 Oz 20D Recycled Ripstop Polyester Shell, a perfect balance of light weight and strength
- StormRepel® Super DWR, our longest lasting moisture-shedding finish
- 800 fill Responsible Down Standard (RDS) down, certified by Control Union More About RDS
- Trackmydown supply information on garment—learn where your down comes from and what makes premium down premium
- Secure Zip Pockets—media port in chest pocket
- Packs into chest pocket for space-saving compressibility
- Length, Reg Medium: 28" | Weight: 12 oz | Down Fill Weight: 2.8 oz
- Active; An athletic fit. Close to the body without restricting mobility. Designed to fit over baselayers and lightweight midlayers.
- 100% polyester
Wear it With
- Yes, I recommend this productOtto in VermontGender MaleHeight 5'10"Type RegularActivityWalkingPros Comfort, Easy Care, Fit, QualityConsKeeps you warm without bulkJan 11, 2021
This jacket keeps you warm without a lot of bulk. I wear it in cold weather on walks with two layers (weight depending on weather) underneath. It provides great wind protection as well as warmth. My size is usually between a small and medium. The small is plenty big, and I could wear a sweatshirt under it if I needed to. I'm a vigorous walker, and I sweat a lot. The easy washing of this garment is a plus. The only improvement to this jacket I would suggest is the addition of zipped vents. A larger selection of colors would be nice, too.
- Yes, I recommend this productYocciGender MaleHeight 6'0"Type RegularActivitySkiingProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeGoodMar 20, 2020
- Yes, I recommend this productSteveGender MaleHeight 6'0"Type RegularActivityLeisureProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeGreat lightweight jacketMar 12, 2020
I got this jacket at the end of season sale, and am totally happy with this purchase.