MicroTherm® 2.0 Down Jacket
- First Ascent
- Temp Rating
- Fill Power
- StormRepel Super DWR
- Recycled Materials
Perfection Evolved. Version 2.0 of our premium ultralight has an improved fit that's more comfortable and mobile, a slightly longer length for added coverage and warmth, a softer fabric to further enhance the comfort, and a secure drawcord hem to seal out cold and fine-tune the fit.
As an ultralight insulating layer, the MicroTherm is thinner than traditional down jackets. But that combination of minimal bulk and effective warmth is what makes it special, and is the result of its patented construction and the exceptionally high-loft Premium Down that it holds close to the body for maximum thermal efficiency.
NOTE: Temperature ratings are based on a controlled laboratory test, using low and moderate activity levels. Also consider: your sensitivity to cold and wind-chill; time of exposure; activity level; and use of layering.
NOTE: As a reference for comparison, we have included the customer reviews of the MicroTherm 1.0 below. Any reviews dated prior to July 30, 2018 are for the MicroTherm 1.0. All reviews dated after July 30, 2018 are for the new MicroTherm 2.0.
- 1 Oz 20D Recycled Ripstop Polyester Shell: Perfect balance of light weight and strength
- StormRepel® Super DWR: Our longest-lasting moisture-shedding finish
- 800 fill Premium Down: Maximum warmth, minimum weight
- Responsible Down Standard (RDS)-certified down insulation: Certified by Control Union More About RDS
- Trackmydown supply information on garment: Learn where your down comes from and what makes premium down premium
- Secure Zip Pockets: Media port in chest pocket
- Packs into chest pocket: Space-saving compressibility
- Average length: Reg 28"
- Active; An athletic fit. Close to the body without restricting mobility. Designed to fit over baselayers and lightweight midlayers.
- 100% polyester
Wear it With
- Yes, I recommend this productPaul WGender MaleHeight 6'3"Type TallActivityHikingProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeGreat jacket - Great priceFeb 21, 2020
I ordered this jacket on line. I needed a new one to replace an older Eddie Bauer jacket. The older one is my everyday go to jacket and after many years the elbows started to wear out. So I was looking for a jacket that I would wear everyday, but still be light weight and durable for hiking. I shopped around for a long time. I stuck with Eddie Bauer for many reasons. I am brand loyal and EB has proven themselves to me for high quality outerwear. I wanted a great fit. EB again has proven themselves to be tailored for a 230lb / 6'-3" guy. I also wanted the tech that provides light weight and pack able. Again proven at EB. Although I an having a hard time leaving my old jacket at home, I started to include the new MicroTherm 2.0. I just got back from a snowshoe outing in Duluth, MN. The 2.0 jacket was great! Hiked 10+ miles in temps hovering around 10 degrees. I loved the fit. The XLT(tall) is snug to my body and long in the arms and torso. It worked great for venting and insulating during the hike. I would highly recommend this jacket. Great price, fit, tech and from a tried and true company.
- Yes, I recommend this productRoverguy1Gender MaleHeight 5'11"Type RegularActivityHikingProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeLightweight and warmFeb 18, 2020
I had Version 1 of this jacket, bought it in bright orange over 7 years ago. It's traveled around Lake Superior, Algonquin Park and more on overland trips. After this many miles, it was showing its age and when the neighbours dog jumped up and ripped two holes in the arm, it was time for a replacement. Went on-line, sure enough, one colour was on sale for 60% off! Great deal, colour, blue, looks great, and I'm ready for another seven years of exploration. It's warm, snug and packs down small.
- Yes, I recommend this productMarcGender MaleHeight 5'11"Type RegularActivityLeisureProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeAwesome feel, cool design, great looking jacketFeb 16, 2020
Very lightweight jacket that feels good on your body. Slim cut but not too small. Specs indicate 800 down but I don't think it keeps that warm as a full 800 down jacket. It has the underarm hybrid fabric that lets the body to breathe and adjust temps. I wish it was only under arms and not extended over the back. It would make a better design and probably keeps warmer. The hybrid fabric under arms/side panels will be sufficient to adjust temps and avoid sweating. Overall a great jacket, very light and packable. it feels great on your body with only a t-shirt under it. The design is awesome, it gives the jacket a good look. I will use this jacket as top layer when traveling by plane from Northern states to Southern states and walking around town in temps 40's and 50's. Or as mid layer with another top jacket in cold temps 10's
- Asked Nov 10, 2019 by1 answerQ: Does this jacket have side pockets?A:Yes, this jacket has two exterior secure hand pockets.Answered Nov 20, 2019 by| EXPERT