MicroTherm® 2.0 Down Jacket
- First Ascent
- Temp Rating
- Fill Power
- StormRepel Super DWR
- Recycled Materials
Perfection Evolved. Version 2.0 of our premium ultralight has an improved fit that's more comfortable and mobile, a slightly longer length for added coverage and warmth, a softer fabric to further enhance the comfort, and a secure drawcord hem to seal out cold and fine-tune the fit.
As an ultralight insulating layer, the MicroTherm is thinner than traditional down jackets. But that combination of minimal bulk and effective warmth is what makes it special, and is the result of its patented construction and the exceptionally high-loft Premium Down that it holds close to the body for maximum thermal efficiency.
NOTE: Temperature ratings are based on a controlled laboratory test by an independent university lab. Also consider: your sensitivity to cold and wind-chill; time of exposure; activity level; and use of layering.
NOTE: As a reference for comparison, we have included the customer reviews of the MicroTherm 1.0 below. Any reviews dated prior to July 30, 2018 are for the MicroTherm 1.0. All reviews dated after July 30, 2018 are for the new MicroTherm 2.0.
Models shown are 6'0" to 6'2" tall, wearing size M/32x32.
- 1 Oz 20D Recycled Ripstop Polyester Shell, a perfect balance of light weight and strength
- StormRepel® Super DWR, our longest lasting moisture-shedding finish
- 800 fill Responsible Down Standard (RDS) down, certified by Control Union More About RDS
- Trackmydown supply information on garment—learn where your down comes from and what makes premium down premium
- Secure Zip Pockets—media port in chest pocket
- Packs into chest pocket for space-saving compressibility
- Length, Reg Medium: 28" | Weight: 12 oz | Down Fill Weight: 2.8 oz
- Active; An athletic fit. Close to the body without restricting mobility. Designed to fit over baselayers and lightweight midlayers.
- 100% polyester
Wear it With
- Yes, I recommend this productCharlieGender MaleHeight 5'11"Type RegularActivityOtherPros Comfort, Easy Care, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsGreat jacketJun 3, 2021
This is an absolutely great jacket. It is my go to jacket for everything: from cool spring morning dog walks to layering on a desperately bitter day in the mountains to carrying its minimal weight on backpacking and bikepacking trips, this jacket is incredibly versatile. I literally use it all the time. The greatest thing about it is that EB has replaced it, no questions asked. The zipper had broken after about 3 years of heavy, close to every-day use. I took it into EB to ask if they could repair it (was willing to pay as it is a great jacket and I wanted to keep using it). They simply replaced it! Couldn't believe it. What a great bargain . . . .
- Yes, I recommend this producttomGenderHeight 5'10"Type RegularActivityLeisurePros Comfort, Easy Care, VersatileConsmocro therm down jacketMay 14, 2021
this was not my first choice. Unfortunately EB discontinued the jacket with flannel sleeves and down body
- Yes, I recommend this productBALGender MaleHeight 5'9"Type RegularActivityLeisurePros Comfort, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsLight, warm, fits nicelyMay 12, 2021
Light, warm, OK with some wind, packs nicely into chest pocket. I'm 5'9", about 160lbs, and the medium fits nicely with a light sweater.