Men's MicroTherm® Stretch Down Jacket
LOW ACTIVITY RATING 45°F.
MODERATE ACTIVITY RATING -5°F.
Live Your Adventure®
Both the shell and lining of this newest version of our iconic ultralight jacket are stretch fabrics for superior mobility. As before, the 800 fill Premium StormDown® retains its insulating loft even in wet conditions and allows for exceptional warmth without weight or bulk. Patented MicroTherm construction keeps the high-loft StormDown close to the body for maximum thermal efficiency and minimum bulk.
- 800 fill Premium Goose Down
- StormRepel® DWR finish
- Responsible Down Standard (RDS)-certified down insulation
- Trackmydown supply information on garment
Active/shaped: An athletic fit. Close to body without restricting mobility. Designed to fit over baselayers and lightweight midlayers.
- Yes, I recommend this productpdk | Verified userGenderHeightTypeActivityWalkingProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeGreat CoatMar 2, 2019
Tremendous value. Love this coat.
- Yes, I recommend this productllandaff | Verified userGender MaleHeight 5'10"Type RegularActivityWalkingProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeGread jacketDec 29, 2018
Nicely made, very lightweight yet well insulating jacket. Excellent value at half off plus coupons!
- Yes, I recommend this productJR | Verified userGender MaleHeight 6'0"Type RegularActivityCampingProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeFirst Ascent Athletic Fit!Dec 21, 2018
I'm very happy to see Eddie Bauer finally start to make more of an "athletic fit" style of clothing, especially in their First Ascent Line. Being 6' 185lbs, athletic build and a 31 inch waist, most "standard fits" tend to be boxy, narrow in the chest and shoulders, and just in general an fit awkward most of the time. The L in this jacket fits me just about perfect! I wish it could be slightly on the warmer side (is just a tad cold with only a base layer underneath, shell over it, and walking around in zero to sub-zero temps), but again that's not the intended purpose of the microtherm line. However, for moderate winter weather activity in normal to cooler conditions, it moves great and keeps you just about at the right temp. Keep up the good work Eddie Bauer and PLEASE continue to keep making this athletic fit more available in your First Ascent line!! Of note, the only reason I gave 4 stars out of five (which really should be more like 4.5 out of 5 stars) is that like my last microtherm jacket, they do tend to leak little feathers. Not terribly, but noticeable. Also, compared to the likes Arc'teryx, Norrona, and Mammut (just as examples), the overall quality does seem to be a very very slight step down. But again, I'm really being picky here, and this should in no way deter anyone from purchasing this product. Just my honest observation is all.