BC Alpine Lite Jacket
- First Ascent
- StormRepel Super DWR
A super-versatile, lightweight, 3-layer waterproof jacket made for alpine adventures in all seasons. WeatherEdge® Flux, powered by eVent® technology, provides complete waterproof protection and superior breathability.
Models shown are 6'0" to 6'2" tall, wearing size M/32x32.
- WeatherEdge® Flux 15D polyester/nylon shell: 3-Layer construction for strength and durabilty
- Patented eVent® Waterproof Technology: Dissipates moisture quickly through pores for maximum protection and breathability
- StormRepel® Super DWR Finish: Longest-lasting, most durable water-repellent finish sheds moisture
- Multi-Adjustable Hood: Great fit with or without a helmet
- Engineered Fit for High Mobility: `Full range of motion, ample room for layering
- Pack-Compatible Hand Pockets: Exterior chest pocket
- YKK® AquaGuard Zips: Full weather protection with minimum bulk
- Adjustable Hem and Cuffs: Dial in fit for comfort and warmth
- Average length: Reg 30"
- Active; Our most athletic fit. Close to the body without restricting mobility. Designed to fit over baselayers and lightweight midlayers.
- 60% polyester/40% nylon
READ MORE REVIEWS
Wear it With
- Yes, I recommend this productBBop Big ManGender MaleHeight 5'9"Type RegularActivityCampingPros 3 Zipper Pockets, Average Fit, Breathable, Durable, WaterproofCons Hood could be bigger?, No interior pocketsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeInsane waterproofing, breathability, and durabilityJul 21, 2019
I haven't worn this long enough to experience any durability tests or failures, but the waterproofing and breathability is crazy. My brother ordered another Eddie Bauer jacket (CloudCap rain jacket) for around $35 and I ordered this for around $90, but the difference is insane. We both wore the jackets underneath a shower and I felt absolutely nothing and the water literally just slips off. No moisture inside the jacket or stuffy feeling from the water. When I put his jacket on, the water did repel about 95%, but it was incredibly moist and stuffy feeling, completely ruining the point of a waterproof jacket IMO. The difference in price is obviously different, but the eVent waterproofing and ripstop nylon are much stronger, albeit the jacket does feel a bit rough and crinkly in hand from the tough materials (but comfortable when worn). The other jacket felt quite a bit lighter (obviously) and the material was a less durable and less thick polyester that felt cheap. Compared to other brands, this is honestly a great bang for your buck waterproof and wind resistant jacket. eVent waterproofing is more breathable than GoreTex and the waterproofing differences are minimal in my opinion. Although, the durability between this jacket and a GoreTex jacket may be different, the reinforced nyon ripstop material seems good enough to last and very thick, but also conforms to the body pretty well. I also love the inverted zippers to add durability in those areas too. Cons: Hood could be slightly bigger. It's a little hard to put when the jacket is fully zipped up and it doesn't fully cover my face from windy rain. This is really a slight nitpick. The hood is actually pretty big/normal, but it could be bigger in this case. Also, interior pockets would also be nice.
- Yes, I recommend this productslikkaGenderHeight 6'1"TypeActivityProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeGreat investmentJun 9, 2019
I have purchased this jacket about 5 years ago, and it was by far my favourite, but it's started slowly breaking apart at some of the inner seams; so I used the eddie bauer guarantee to upgrade to this year's version. They've taken all the good things of the old jacket and improved it; added a layer inside to improve comfort and waterproofness, improved the fit and the ties, removed the cap from the hood (good), and probably more. I've taken this on a trip above the Arctic circle and it's held up very nice in terms of wind blocking and water proofness. I actually wiped out on some jagged rocks and mangled my hands but the jacket did not rip or get damaged! Very impressed. One thing I do miss though is the Ascent logo embossing on the sleeve velcros. Great jacket!
- Yes, I recommend this productMegladGender MaleHeight 5'8"Type RegularActivityOtherProsConsNice light rain jacketMay 19, 2019
Nice light rain jacket - emphasis on light!