Downlight® Hooded Jacket
- First Ascent
- Temp Rating
- Fill Power
- Water Repellent
- StormRepel Super DWR
Our premium alpine hooded down jacket, guide-built for climbing, mountaineering, and all cold-weather activities. Durable polyester shell sheds moisture. High-loft, 800 fill down insulation for ultralight, ultrawarm, ultra-compressible comfort.
NOTE: Temperature ratings are based on a controlled laboratory test, using low and moderate activity levels. Also consider: your sensitivity to cold and wind-chill; time of exposure; activity level; and use of layering.
- Windproof 50% recycled 20D Ripstop Polyester Shell: StormRepel® Super DWR—our longest lasting, moisture-shedding finish
- 800 fill Responsible Down Standard (RDS)-certified down insulation: Certified by Control Union More About RDS
- Trackmydown supply information on garment: Learn where your down comes from and what makes premium down premium
- Adjustable drawcord waist: Dials in the fit
- Chest pocket with media port: Bring your music to the mountains
- Secure Zip Hand Pockets: Tricot-lined and set behind down for added warmth
- Low-Profile Insulated Hood: Super warm, with stretch binding for a great fit
- Packable: Stows easily in left hand pocket that has carabiner clip-in loop
- High-Mobility Sleeve and Shoulder Fit: Built for full range of motion
- Average length: Reg 27.5"
- Classic: A universal fit. Not too slim, not too relaxed on body. Designed to fit over midweight layers.
- 100% polyester
READ MORE REVIEWS
- Yes, I recommend this productJohnGender MaleHeight 6'3"Type TallActivityCampingProsConsFitness meter label is moderately largeFit:SmallLargegreat jacket!Jan 25, 2020
tall size works best for me, but still a little large in the mid section.
- Yes, I recommend this productJakeGender MaleHeight 5'8"Type RegularActivityTravelProsConsFitness meter label is moderately largeFit:SmallLargeLove itJan 18, 2020
Light and very warm!
- Yes, I recommend this productNickGenderHeightTypeActivityWalkingProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeStill a great jacket after 7 years!Jan 18, 2020
I bought my first Men's Downlight StormDown Hooded Jacket about 7 years ago, and, though I did buy another one, I still wear my first one! It's nice and warm though it's lightweight. The hood is a nice fit, and it keeps the warmth inside. Some people complain about the zippers, but I haven't any issues with it. If there is a negative, it would be the price, but I still think it's worth it. Overall, it's a great jacket, and I wouldn't be surprised if I end up buying another one.
- Asked Nov 10, 2019 by1 answerQ: Can we use this as outwear during Snow? I want to purchase this considering fill power and Temp Rating. I am not looking to buy another, so I just want to make sure that it is sufficient for snow.A:This jacket can be used in snow primarily as a mid layer and paired with a waterproof shell for protection if it's really dumping. It is not waterproof, so if you are going to be exposed to the elements for a substantial amount of time you might want something with a little more protection than a DWR finish. If you are looking for a down insulated piece that is waterproof, check out the BC Evertherm Jacket - https://www.eddiebauer.com/p/38832407/ - it has the same temperature rating and has a 20k/20k waterpoof/breathable rating!Answered Nov 21, 2019 by| EXPERT
- Asked Oct 16, 2019 by1 answerQ: How much longer is the tall downlight? - is it just the length of the jacket ? Thinking the Sleeve length is the same as is states in size chart? Can't find the information anywhere. Thanks - want to order while on sale.A:For a tall Men's top, we add 2" to the body length and 1 3/4” to the sleeve length.Answered Oct 18, 2019 by| EXPERT