Downlight® Hooded Jacket
- First Ascent
- Temp Rating
- Fill Power
- Water Repellent
- StormRepel Super DWR
Our premium alpine hooded down jacket, guide-built for climbing, mountaineering, and all cold-weather activities. Durable polyester shell sheds moisture. High-loft, 800 fill down insulation for ultralight, ultrawarm, ultra-compressible comfort.
NOTE: Temperature ratings are based on a controlled laboratory test, using low and moderate activity levels. Also consider: your sensitivity to cold and wind-chill; time of exposure; activity level; and use of layering.
- Windproof 50% recycled 20D Ripstop Polyester Shell: StormRepel® Super DWR—our longest lasting, moisture-shedding finish
- 800 fill Responsible Down Standard (RDS)-certified down insulation: Certified by Control Union More About RDS
- Trackmydown supply information on garment: Learn where your down comes from and what makes premium down premium
- Adjustable drawcord waist: Dials in the fit
- Chest pocket with media port: Bring your music to the mountains
- Secure Zip Hand Pockets: Tricot-lined and set behind down for added warmth
- Low-Profile Insulated Hood: Super warm, with stretch binding for a great fit
- Packable: Stows easily in left hand pocket that has carabiner clip-in loop
- High-Mobility Sleeve and Shoulder Fit: Built for full range of motion
- Average length: Reg 27.5"
- Classic: A universal fit. Not too slim, not too relaxed on body. Designed to fit over midweight layers.
- 100% polyester
READ MORE REVIEWS
- Yes, I recommend this productTimGender MaleHeight 5'10"Type RegularActivityWalkingProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeOutstanding Jacket!Dec 7, 2019
I bought this to use for everything in the MN winters from walking the dogs, running errands, snowshoeing, and to use as a stand alone or under a shell when downhill skiing. The other week I was outside for 30 mn in 15 degree (F) weather with only a T-shirt and was very warm. I am looking forward putting this to the test in -15 to -20 with wind. Unbelievable discount at 50% off! I am 5'10", 180 lbs and the medium was a perfect fit.
- Yes, I recommend this productTexanGender MaleHeight 6'1"Type TallActivityWear to WorkProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeGreat down jacket and lightweightDec 5, 2019
Pockets are warm but seem shallow. Also would prefer a drawstring on hood. Otherwise a great jacket. Lightweight but warm. Does well in wind.
- Yes, I recommend this productwinter manGender MaleHeightType TallActivityProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeOutstanding coat, great serviceNov 15, 2019
The challenge for me was to find a jacket with some reflectivity at night. With orange lining, this jacket is just about right.
- Asked Nov 10, 2019 by1 answerQ: Can we use this as outwear during Snow? I want to purchase this considering fill power and Temp Rating. I am not looking to buy another, so I just want to make sure that it is sufficient for snow.A:This jacket can be used in snow primarily as a mid layer and paired with a waterproof shell for protection if it's really dumping. It is not waterproof, so if you are going to be exposed to the elements for a substantial amount of time you might want something with a little more protection than a DWR finish. If you are looking for a down insulated piece that is waterproof, check out the BC Evertherm Jacket - https://www.eddiebauer.com/p/38832407/ - it has the same temperature rating and has a 20k/20k waterpoof/breathable rating!Answered Nov 21, 2019 by| EXPERT
- Asked Oct 16, 2019 by1 answerQ: How much longer is the tall downlight? - is it just the length of the jacket ? Thinking the Sleeve length is the same as is states in size chart? Can't find the information anywhere. Thanks - want to order while on sale.A:For a tall Men's top, we add 2" to the body length and 1 ¾” to the sleeve length.Answered Oct 18, 2019 by| EXPERT