Downlight® Hooded Jacket
- First Ascent
- Temp Rating
- Fill Power
- Water Repellent
- StormRepel Super DWR
Our premium alpine hooded down jacket, guide-built for climbing, mountaineering, and all cold-weather activities. Durable polyester shell sheds moisture. High-loft, 800 fill down insulation for ultralight, ultrawarm, ultra-compressible comfort.
NOTE: Temperature ratings are based on a controlled laboratory test, using low and moderate activity levels. Also consider: your sensitivity to cold and wind-chill; time of exposure; activity level; and use of layering.
- Windproof 50% recycled 20D Ripstop Polyester Shell: StormRepel® Super DWR—our longest lasting, moisture-shedding finish
- 800 fill Responsible Down Standard (RDS)-certified down insulation: Certified by Control Union More About RDS
- Trackmydown supply information on garment: Learn where your down comes from and what makes premium down premium
- Adjustable drawcord waist: Dials in the fit
- Chest pocket with media port: Bring your music to the mountains
- Secure Zip Hand Pockets: Tricot-lined and set behind down for added warmth
- Low-Profile Insulated Hood: Super warm, with stretch binding for a great fit
- Packable: Stows easily in left hand pocket that has carabiner clip-in loop
- High-Mobility Sleeve and Shoulder Fit: Built for full range of motion
- Average length: Reg 27.5"
- Classic: A universal fit. Not too slim, not too relaxed on body. Designed to fit over midweight layers.
- 100% polyester
READ MORE REVIEWS
- Yes, I recommend this productHiramGender MaleHeight 5'10"Type RegularActivityLeisureProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeAmazingOct 18, 2019
I bought this jacket in late spring during a special promotion while also using some reward points towards it. I got one heck of a steal on this. Because the weather was getting warm I didn't have a chance to wear it. It had just been sitting in my closet the entire summer. Today I finally broke it out and I couldn't be happier with this purchase. Definitely worth the full price for this item. I got a size Large which fits snug as I didn't think about the layers I would have underneath. But that snug fit keeps the cold air out. The cuffs are a bit elastic to fit around your wrist preventing any air to come in. The pockets are lined with fleece and truly keep your hands warm. Very light weight and surprising warm. High wind gusts today and I didn't feel a breeze at all. Even the hood is form fitting around your head. Absolutely love this item. Do yourself a favor, stop reading this review and go buy it!
- Yes, I recommend this productHSGender MaleHeight 6'1"Type RegularActivityWear to WorkProsCons noneFitness meter label is moderately largeFit:SmallLargeSuper light and plenty warmSep 27, 2019
I bought this as a slightly heavier down jacket to throw on over other layers when it gets cold or to use exclusively when commuting. It looks amazing so wearing with work clothes is no problem. It is cut on the larger size which allows me to fit a couple layers underneath for a more technical layering system but isnt too big that it makes me look like a snowman. This is not a park to wear by itself when it is 0 degrees out. But as it says with moderate activity it is super warm and when part of a layering system (baselayer, fleece, softshell, down) it ends up being the perfect system for just about any weather
- DAVIDGenderHeightTypeActivityProsConsEddie Bauer qualityJul 23, 2019
Nice winter coat
- Asked Oct 16, 2019 by1 answerQ: How much longer is the tall downlight? - is it just the length of the jacket ? Thinking the Sleeve length is the same as is states in size chart? Can't find the information anywhere. Thanks - want to order while on sale.A:For a tall Men's top, we add 2" to the body length and 1 ¾” to the sleeve length.Answered Oct 18, 2019 by| EXPERT