Downlight® Hooded Jacket
- First Ascent
- Temp Rating
- Fill Power
- Water Repellent
- StormRepel Super DWR
- Recycled Materials
Our premium alpine hooded down jacket, guide-built for climbing, mountaineering, and all cold-weather activities. Durable polyester shell sheds moisture. High-loft, 800 fill down insulation for ultralight, ultrawarm, ultra-compressible comfort.
NOTE: Temperature ratings are based on a controlled laboratory test, using low and moderate activity levels. Also consider: your sensitivity to cold and wind-chill; time of exposure; activity level; and use of layering.
- Windproof 50% recycled 20D Ripstop Polyester Shell: StormRepel® Super DWR—our longest lasting, moisture-shedding finish
- 800 fill Responsible Down Standard (RDS)-certified down insulation: Certified by Control Union More About RDS
- Trackmydown supply information on garment: Learn where your down comes from and what makes premium down premium
- Adjustable drawcord waist: Dials in the fit
- Chest pocket with media port: Bring your music to the mountains
- Secure Zip Hand Pockets: Tricot-lined and set behind down for added warmth
- Low-Profile Insulated Hood: Super warm, with stretch binding for a great fit
- Packable: Stows easily in left hand pocket that has carabiner clip-in loop
- High-Mobility Sleeve and Shoulder Fit: Built for full range of motion
- Average length: Reg 27.5"
- Classic; A universal fit. Not too slim, not too relaxed on body. Designed to fit over midweight layers.
- 100% polyester
READ MORE REVIEWS
Wear it With
- Yes, I recommend this productMattGender MaleHeight 6'0"Type RegularActivityHikingPros Lightweight, Packs Small / Compresses, WarmCons Jacket doesn't pack into pocketFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeAmazing Jacket!Feb 20, 2020
Love this jacket. I'd been doing research on a puffy for weeks. I finally found this one and decided to pull the trigger. Fantastic jacket, many complain about the size being to big but I'm 6'0, 225 with a stocky build and it fits me great. I got the 'opportunity' I guess you would call it to wear it out in -20F weather this morning (Minnesota) and it kept me nice and toasty. I only wore a t-shirt and a lightweight fleece mid-layer. The only drawback for me is that it will not pack down all the way into it's own pocket. I read that on a few other reviews. I think it's only an issue with the size L and up. It's a non-issue for me, especially at the sale price I bought it. I will find a cheap stuff sack and just use that instead. Looking forward to many years of use with this thing. Especially when I'm hunting in the back-country come fall!
- Yes, I recommend this productArgentoGender MaleHeight 6'0"Type RegularActivityLeisureProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeGreat jacket!Feb 18, 2020
I bought it on promotion and it is a great value. I have already 4 different colors.
- Yes, I recommend this productTom BGender MaleHeight 5'10"Type RegularActivityLeisureProsConsFitness meter label is moderately smallFit:SmallLargeI love it - incredibly warm considering how light it isFeb 18, 2020
I love this coat. It is incredibly warm considering how light it is.
- Asked Nov 10, 2019 by1 answerQ: Can we use this as outwear during Snow? I want to purchase this considering fill power and Temp Rating. I am not looking to buy another, so I just want to make sure that it is sufficient for snow.A:This jacket can be used in snow primarily as a mid layer and paired with a waterproof shell for protection if it's really dumping. It is not waterproof, so if you are going to be exposed to the elements for a substantial amount of time you might want something with a little more protection than a DWR finish. If you are looking for a down insulated piece that is waterproof, check out the BC Evertherm Jacket - https://www.eddiebauer.com/p/38832407/ - it has the same temperature rating and has a 20k/20k waterpoof/breathable rating!Answered Nov 21, 2019 by| EXPERT
- Asked Oct 16, 2019 by1 answerQ: How much longer is the tall downlight? - is it just the length of the jacket ? Thinking the Sleeve length is the same as is states in size chart? Can't find the information anywhere. Thanks - want to order while on sale.A:For a tall Men's top, we add 2" to the body length and 1 3/4” to the sleeve length.Answered Oct 18, 2019 by| EXPERT