Downlight® Hooded Jacket
- First Ascent
- Temp Rating
- Fill Power
- Water Repellent
- StormRepel Super DWR
- Recycled Materials
Our premium alpine hooded down jacket, guide-built for climbing, mountaineering, and all cold-weather activities. Durable, windproof polyester shell sheds moisture. High-loft, Premium Down insulation for ultralight, ultrawarm, ultra-compressible comfort.
NOTE: Temperature ratings are based on a controlled laboratory test by an independent university lab. Also consider: your sensitivity to cold and wind-chill; time of exposure; activity level; and use of layering.
- StormRepel® Super DWR—our longest lasting, moisture-shedding finish
- 800 fill Responsible Down Standard (RDS) down, certified by Control Union More About RDS
- Trackmydown supply information on garment—learn where your down comes from and what makes premium down premium
- Adjustable drawcord waist lets you in the fit
- Chest pocket with media port—bring your music to the mountains
- Secure zip hand pockets—tricot-lined for softness and set behind down for added warmth
- Low-profile insulated hood—super warm, with stretch binding for a great fit
- Stows easily in left hand pocket that has carabiner clip-in loop
- High-mobility sleeve and shoulder fit—built for full range of motion
- Length, Reg Medium: 27.5" | Weight: 17 oz | Down Fill Weight: 5.1 oz
- Classic. A universal fit. Not too slim, not too relaxed on body. Designed to fit over midweight layers.
- 100% recycled polyester
Wear it With
- Yes, I recommend this productGeorgeBGender MaleHeight 5'11"Type RegularActivityWalkingProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeExactly What I Was Looking For At A Great PriceMay 9, 2020
We live in North Florida where we do get a few days of cold weather each Winter; however I got this jacket for our annual trip to Vermont for the holidays where the temps drop from freezing to below zero. I noticed this jacket was rated below zero and I really liked the Orange color that's on Clearance. That cost:value ratio was irrestible. Upon receipt the jacket is nice and puffy and I eespecially like the elastic around the hood. I realize some people might want drawstrings, but not me. All in all a wonderful jacket at a killer price!
- JayBirdGender MaleHeight 6'2"Type TallActivityHikingProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeGood length on the "tall" fitMar 6, 2020
I am 6'2 175 LB Male with a slim frame. I have trouble finding fits in jackets. The medium "Tall" fit has been prett perfect. Fitted across the chest with good length about midway down my butt. Sleeves are great. Orange accent is a nice touch and the down seems fluffy. Looking forward to testing this jacket more in the Colorado backcountry and on some later winter/early Spring 13er/14er Attempts. I think it will more than hold up. Love the price, too. Don't sleep on Eddie Bauer
- Yes, I recommend this productMattGender MaleHeight 6'0"Type RegularActivityHikingPros Lightweight, Packs Small / Compresses, WarmCons Jacket doesn't pack into pocketFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeAmazing Jacket!Feb 20, 2020
Love this jacket. I'd been doing research on a puffy for weeks. I finally found this one and decided to pull the trigger. Fantastic jacket, many complain about the size being to big but I'm 6'0, 225 with a stocky build and it fits me great. I got the 'opportunity' I guess you would call it to wear it out in -20F weather this morning (Minnesota) and it kept me nice and toasty. I only wore a t-shirt and a lightweight fleece mid-layer. The only drawback for me is that it will not pack down all the way into it's own pocket. I read that on a few other reviews. I think it's only an issue with the size L and up. It's a non-issue for me, especially at the sale price I bought it. I will find a cheap stuff sack and just use that instead. Looking forward to many years of use with this thing. Especially when I'm hunting in the back-country come fall!
- Asked Nov 10, 2019 by1 answerQ: Can we use this as outwear during Snow? I want to purchase this considering fill power and Temp Rating. I am not looking to buy another, so I just want to make sure that it is sufficient for snow.A:This jacket can be used in snow primarily as a mid layer and paired with a waterproof shell for protection if it's really dumping. It is not waterproof, so if you are going to be exposed to the elements for a substantial amount of time you might want something with a little more protection than a DWR finish. If you are looking for a down insulated piece that is waterproof, check out the BC Evertherm Jacket - https://www.eddiebauer.com/p/38832407/ - it has the same temperature rating and has a 20k/20k waterpoof/breathable rating!Answered Nov 21, 2019 by| EXPERT
- Asked Oct 16, 2019 by1 answerQ: How much longer is the tall downlight? - is it just the length of the jacket ? Thinking the Sleeve length is the same as is states in size chart? Can't find the information anywhere. Thanks - want to order while on sale.A:For a tall Men's top, we add 2" to the body length and 1 3/4” to the sleeve length.Answered Oct 18, 2019 by| EXPERT