Peak XV Down Jacket
- First Ascent
- Temp Rating
- DWR Down
- StormRepel Super DWR
- Fill Power
Guide built down jacket for high-altitude mountaineering in extreme-cold conditions. Lightweight, super-durable CORDURA® shell is waterproof/breathable nylon. Insulated with superior, moisture-resistant, 800 fill StormDown®. Interior mesh pockets for gloves or goggles. Drawcord waist and adjustable cuffs seal out cold.
NOTE: Temperature ratings are based on a controlled laboratory test, using low and moderate activity levels. Also consider: your sensitivity to cold and wind-chill; time of exposure; activity level; and use of layering.
- 3-oz 40D 2-Layer CORDURA® Shell: 20K/20K waterproof/breathable fabric
- StormRepel® DWR Finish: Sheds moisture so it doesn't soak in
- 800 Fill StormDown®: Retains loft and insulating power in wet conditions
- Responsible Down Standard (RDS)-certified down insulation: Certified by Control Union More About RDS
- Trackmydown supply information on garment: Learn where your down comes from and what makes premium down premium
- I-Beam Baffle Construction: Eliminates cold spots and maintains even down distribution
- Insulated, Helmet-Compatible Hood: High collar shelters face from cold and wind
- Multiple Internal and External Pockets: Hand pockets are tricot-lined for warmth
- Average length: Reg 29.5"
- Classic: A universal fit. Not too slim, not too relaxed on body. Designed to fit over midweight layers.
- 100% nylon
- Yes, I recommend this productMikeGender MaleHeight 5'6"Type RegularActivityWalkingProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeMen's Peak XV Down JacketApr 16, 2019
Warm and comfortable. Outstanding value at 40% off. Beautiful blue color. Nice pockets. Easy zipper. This is a puffy coat with 800wt water resistant down and a waterproof outer shell. Ideal for cold, windy weather or snow. I searched for months and this coat was the best overall, especially for the price.
- Yes, I recommend this productKenGender FemaleHeight 5'7"Type RegularActivityWalkingProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeLooks Great !Apr 6, 2019
Even though winter is over I purchased this jacket to get the seasonal discount. I am 70 and feel the cold so much more. In San Diego I've been wearing 4 layers in the early winter mornings on long dog walks - including a thick thermal top, 2 fleece sweaters and a thick sheep skin coat ! I tried on a 650 down jacket at the Eddie Bauer Outlet store and even though the store was quite warm I didn't break a sweat. I kept it on for 5 minutes and didn't feel particularly warm wearing it. This 850 down jacket arrived quickly in the mail and felt extremely warm right away so I'm extremely pleased with the product to date.
- Yes, I recommend this productThomasGender MaleHeight 6'0"Type RegularActivityRunningPros LightConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeAwesome Jacket for Sports!Apr 3, 2019
Thanks EB for an awesome jacket! I use it to run in for cold days with a T-shirt underneath - super light & warm for cold Spokane early morning runs! I love it for downhill ski adventures too and walks in the winter - light and waterproof!
- Asked Oct 16, 2019 by1 answerQ: I'm from England and I have purchased several Rab jackets. They are excellent jackets, but now I have the Eddie Bauer Men's First Ascent Peak XV jacket. This might be the warmest jacket I own now. One question, what is the trick in using the draw-cords. I cannot seem to figure out how to tighten and loosen them. (These are different than the ones we have across the pond). Please advise. I really like this jacket.A:Glad you’re enjoying the Peak XV! For the hood, you can adjust by pulling on the interior drawcords. To set them in place, pull up the drawcord into the notch on the cordlock on the outside of the hood. If you are trying to adjust the waist drawcords, the cords can be found in the hand pockets. To release, just pull the grosgrain tab at the inside hem.Answered Oct 18, 2019 by| EXPERT