Peak XV Down Jacket
- First Ascent
- Temp Rating
- DWR Down
- StormRepel Super DWR
- Fill Power
Guide built down jacket for high-altitude mountaineering in extreme-cold conditions. Lightweight, super-durable CORDURA® shell is waterproof/breathable nylon. Insulated with superior, moisture-resistant, 800 fill Premium Goose Down insulation. Interior mesh pockets for gloves or goggles. Drawcord waist and adjustable cuffs seal out cold.
NOTE: Temperature ratings are based on a controlled laboratory test, using low and moderate activity levels. Also consider: your sensitivity to cold and wind-chill; time of exposure; activity level; and use of layering.
- 800 fill Responsible Down Standard (RDS)-certified down insulation: Certified by Control Union More About RDS
- 3-oz 40D 2-Layer CORDURA® Shell: 20K/20K waterproof/breathable fabric
- StormRepel® DWR Finish: Sheds moisture so it doesn't soak in
- Trackmydown supply information on garment: Learn where your down comes from and what makes premium down premium
- I-Beam Baffle Construction: Eliminates cold spots and maintains even down distribution
- Insulated, Helmet-Compatible Hood: High collar shelters face from cold and wind
- Multiple Internal and External Pockets: Hand pockets are tricot-lined for warmth
- Average length: Reg 29.5"
- Classic: A universal fit. Not too slim, not too relaxed on body. Designed to fit over midweight layers.
- 100% nylon
- Yes, I recommend this productMike CGender MaleHeight 5'9"Type RegularActivityWalkingProsCons noneFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeReally nice jacket when it down in the teens and below! A+Jan 21, 2020
can't find anything bad!
- Yes, I recommend this productHeatherGender FemaleHeight 5'8"Type PlusActivityWalkingProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeSo great in extreme cold.Jan 18, 2020
I have a 20 minute walk to work in northern Alberta. It has been colder than -30C (-22F) this week so I finally pulled this out of the closet. I bought it on sale in late summer. It was fine with just a t-shirt underneath. I did have snowpants on also because it's too cold for just jeans. My favorite part is the hood. With the brim it surrounds my head and keeps me warm without having to be tightened a lot. I didn't need a hat or scarf underneath and still had decent peripheral vision. The part of the collar that sits in front of my mouth is lined with soft fleece. No cold zipper on my face. I'm very happy with it. I'm a woman who usually wears 3XL women's clothes and the men's 2X stuff from EB fits me nicely.
- Yes, I recommend this productEddieBauerHunterGender MaleHeight 6'3"Type RegularActivityOtherProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeMy Top Rated JacketJan 16, 2020
I am a true gear junkie. I own The North Face, Kuiu, Sitka and more cold weather gear than most. This is my favorite cold weather jacket and it outperforms all the others AND it is less expensive when purchased on sale. This was my go to for an Alberta Rocky Mountain Big Horn sheep hunt in October.
- Asked Nov 14, 2019 by1 answerQ: Is the hood removable?A:No, the hood is not removable.Answered Nov 20, 2019 by| EXPERT
- Asked Oct 25, 2019 by1 answerQ: Hi , I have a question to ask, which down is used in this jacket, Peak XV Down Jacket, duck or goose ? ThanksA:This jacket uses 800 FP RDS-certified goose down.Answered Nov 20, 2019 by| EXPERT
- Asked Oct 22, 2019 by1 answerQ: What is the neck to bottom edge length on the large and XL?A:The center back length from neck to bottom hem in a L is 30 inches and in an XL it is 30.5 inches.Answered Nov 20, 2019 by| EXPERT