Peak XV Down Jacket
- First Ascent
- Temp Rating
- DWR Down
- StormRepel Super DWR
- Fill Power
Guide built down jacket for high-altitude mountaineering in extreme-cold conditions. Lightweight, super-durable CORDURA® shell is waterproof/breathable nylon. Insulated with superior, moisture-resistant, 800 fill Premium Goose Down insulation. Interior mesh pockets for gloves or goggles. Drawcord waist and adjustable cuffs seal out cold.
NOTE: Temperature ratings are based on a controlled laboratory test, using low and moderate activity levels. Also consider: your sensitivity to cold and wind-chill; time of exposure; activity level; and use of layering.
- 800 fill Responsible Down Standard (RDS)-certified down insulation: Certified by Control Union More About RDS
- 3-oz 40D 2-Layer CORDURA® Shell: 20K/20K waterproof/breathable fabric
- StormRepel® DWR Finish: Sheds moisture so it doesn't soak in
- Trackmydown supply information on garment: Learn where your down comes from and what makes premium down premium
- I-Beam Baffle Construction: Eliminates cold spots and maintains even down distribution
- Insulated, Helmet-Compatible Hood: High collar shelters face from cold and wind
- Multiple Internal and External Pockets: Hand pockets are tricot-lined for warmth
- Average length: Reg 29.5"
- Classic: A universal fit. Not too slim, not too relaxed on body. Designed to fit over midweight layers.
- 100% nylon
Wear it With
- Yes, I recommend this productTuscanTexanGenderHeightTypeActivityProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeFavoriteMar 3, 2020
My favorite jacket....and I have many Eddie Bauer jackets (Superior down parka, Evertherm...). Handles the -20 degree temps of Alaska with ease. If it is above 0, all I need is a t-shirt underneath.
- Yes, I recommend this productTreckerGender MaleHeight 6'2"Type RegularActivityWalkingProsConsFitness meter label is largeFit:SmallLargeVery Warm. Untouchable Value.Feb 19, 2020
I bought this parka to wear on the coldest days in Chicago. Last year, when the polar vortex hit, I put on this coat to go for walks, and it was impervious to the extreme cold. If this parka does not keep you warm enough, you should not be outside. And while there might be a small handful of comparable or warmer parkas available, they will cost two- to four-times as much. I have bought two of these for myself, one for my wife and one for my daughter.
- Yes, I recommend this productMarcoGender MaleHeight 5'8"Type RegularActivityHikingProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeWarmest jacketFeb 14, 2020
I bought this jacket for my Mt Kilimanjaro trek this summer. I am eager to try it out in the freezing cold weather . It is a great quality product, matched with a great price. Thanks Eddie Bauer!!