Peak XV Down Jacket
- First Ascent
- Temp Rating
- DWR Down
- StormRepel Super DWR
- Fill Power
Guide built down jacket for high-altitude mountaineering and other activities in extreme-cold conditions. Lightweight, super-durable shell is waterproof/breathable ripstop polyester. Insulated with high-loft Premium Down. Interior mesh pockets for gloves or goggles. Drawcord waist and adjustable cuffs seal out cold.
NOTE: Temperature ratings are based on a controlled laboratory test by an independent university lab. Also consider: your sensitivity to cold and wind-chill; time of exposure; activity level; and use of layering.
Models shown are 6'0" to 6'2" tall, wearing size M/32x32.
- WeatherEdge® Pro seam-sealed technology, waterproof/breathable to 20K/20K
- StormRepel® Super DWR—our longest lasting moisture-shedding finish
- 800 Fill Responsible Down Standard (RDS) down, certified by Control Union 851564 More About RDS
- Trackmydown supply information on garment—learn where your down comes from and what makes premium down premium
- I-Beam baffle construction eliminates cold spots and maintains even down distribution
- Insulated, helmet-compatible hood—high collar shelters face from cold and wind
- Multiple internal and external pockets—hand pockets are tricot-lined for warmth
- Length, Reg Medium: 29.5" | Weight: 41.6 oz | Down Fill Weight: 11.1 oz
- Classic. A universal fit. Not too slim, not too relaxed on body. Designed to fit over midweight layers.
- 100% ripstop polyester
Wear it With
- Yes, I recommend this productDavidGender MaleHeight 6'0"Type RegularActivityOtherPros Comfort, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsEddie Bauer Ascent jackets are the bestNov 11, 2021
I have an array of Eddie Bauer Ascent Jackets and use them all contingent on the weather. The Peak XV is the warmest and most comfortable jacket for extremely cold conditions. I use my other Ascents for cool to cold conditions and am always comfortable and warm. Since I prefer size XL, I can combine any of the above with a light weight vest or jacket. The above are worn over a long sleeve (often Pima cotton) tee shirt. Bottom line is I am always warm and comfortable. If it rains I just put on a rain jacket over any of the above jackets. It took me awhile to figure out the above arrangements. We also have some Patagonia and North Face jackets but Eddie Bauer Ascent line is invariably the best.
- Yes, I recommend this productEngineerbruceGender MaleHeight 5'11"Type RegularActivityWalkingPros Comfort, Easy Care, Fit, QualityConsJacket to keep you warmFeb 25, 2021
Eddie Bauer is the only one who makes a down jacket with a tough cordura exterior.
- Yes, I recommend this productKIRILLGenderHeight 5'8"Type RegularActivityWalkingPros Comfort, Easy Care, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsYesFeb 11, 2021