Guide Ripstop Cargo Ankle Pants
- First Ascent
Made with a ripstop nylon/spandex fabric for extra durability and abrasion resistance, our newest Guide cargo ankle pants are ready for serious adventure, as well as everyday fun. Still with a durable, water-repellent finish and UPF sun protection.
Eddie Bauer has partnered with bluesign® to ensure safe and sustainable textile production. By following their criteria, we are working to keep harmful chemicals out of the air and oceans — and out of our products.
Models shown are 5'9" to 5'11" tall, wearing size S/4 or L/12.
- Flexion two-way active stretch
- bluesign®-verified fabric—ensures safe and sustainable textile production
- StormRepel® DWR finish sheds moisture
- FreeShade® UPF 50+ sun protection
- Elastic waistband with interior loop adjustment
- Two front hand pockets (one with hidden secure zip pocket)
- Two cargo pockets
- Two top-entry back pockets
- Elastic loop at back yoke for attaching light gear with a carabiner
- Inseam: 27" Reg
- Slightly Curvy. Sits below natural waist; mid-rise; moderately curvy through hip and thigh; slim, straight leg.
- 95% nylon/5% spandex
Wear it With
- FrankyGender FemaleHeight 5'2"Type PetiteActivityLeisurePros Easy Care, FitConsQuite ShortAug 8, 2021
I am 5'2" and weigh 145 lbs. I'm taking a trip to Scotland in August of 2022, and was looking for at least one pair of pants that I could launder in a hotel sink and expect to dry overnight. I ordered these in two sizes, 10 and 12, and am keeping the 10. The reason for the loss of one star is because these pants are labeled as ankle length. Yes, they are ankle length on me -- at 5'2". Any one taller, these are going to be crop pants. The description says the models are 5'9" to 5'11" -- that simply can't be..... The hemline of the pants in the picture hit me exactly as shown, and I'm 7-9 inches shorter. The pants inseam does measure a true 27 inches, as described. They are also described as slim leg; they are not what I would describe as slim. I would say they were moderate at best. Also, the wide elastic waist is slightly large, although there is an elastic band that can be pulled inside the waist to make it tighter. I like that the waist is loose because midrise pants with elastic waistbands tend to pull upward if they are even a little tight, causing irritation you-know-where. I haven't worn these, yet. They are being laundered as I write this. The fabric description doesn't really tell you what the fabric is -- cotton? Nylon? Spandex? I'm interested in whether or not they will pill, as some of these lightweight fabrics are known to do. If so, I will write another review, or, if possible, edit this one. All this sounds like I don't like these pants -- I do like them from what I can tell so far. Just hope they live up to their price tag!!