Guide 2.0 Pants
- First Ascent
- StormRepel DWR
- UPF 50+
- Secure Pocket
The next generation of our guide pants, these have two-way stretch mobility plus a water-repellent finish and built-in UPF sun protection. Updates include replacing the patch pockets with interior pocket bags for cleaner lines and less chance of snagging on the trail; a flattering, new angled back yoke; and an interior drawstring at the waist for a more adjustable fit.
Eddie Bauer has partnered with bluesign® to ensure safe and sustainable textile production. By following their criteria, we are working to keep harmful chemicals out of the air and oceans — and out of our products.
Models shown are 5'9" to 5'11" tall, wearing size S/4, L/12, or XXL/18.
- Flexion two-way active stretch
- bluesign®-verified fabric—ensures safe and sustainable textile production
- StormRepel® DWR finish sheds moisture
- FreeShade® UPF 50+ sun protection
- Fixed waist with belt loops and interior drawcord adjustment
- Two front slash pockets with gusset detail
- Two secure zip cargo pockets
- Two back welt pockets
- Inseam: 32" Reg | 35" Tall
- Slightly Curvy High Rise. Sits at natural waist; high-rise; moderately curvy through hip, thigh, and leg.
- 94% nylon/6% spandex
Wear it With
- Yes, I recommend this productTexasgirlGender FemaleHeight 5'10"Type RegularActivityTravelPros Comfort, Easy Care, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsFANTASTIC PANTSSep 11, 2021
These pants are some of the most comfortable, stylish pants I have ever owned. They are great for just about anything as they have a dressy look to them. Going to a concert next month and plan to wear them as they are super comfortable. Put on a dressy top and I am good to go. Taking trip across country this week and plan to wear them as I travel. You won't go wrong when you purchase these pants. I love them!!!
- Yes, I recommend this productLorileeGender FemaleHeight 5'3"Type PetiteActivityCampingPros Comfort, Easy Care, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsComfy, but really longSep 6, 2021
These are really comfy. I wanted to get lightweight pants to wear for when we're camping. These will do the trick, but they are really long. They're a good two inches of extra material at the bottom.
- Yes, I recommend this productMeredithGender FemaleHeight 5'4"Type RegularActivityTravelPros Comfort, Easy Care, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsYES!! HIGH WAISTED!!Aug 27, 2021
I will start by giving my current stats since that's what helps me purchase clothes: 5'4", 29" inseam, 130 pounds. I don't carry a lot of weight around my stomach at this time. My waist is about 29" and my hips are 39-40". My torso is on the shorter side. I think my hips are somewhat wide vs the extra inches being on my behind. I hate low rise things and barely tolerate mid rise. It is hard to find things that don't slide down or dig in at the wrong (unflattering) place. These pants in a size 6 had a 0.5" gap or so at the waist that I could rectify with the drawstring without looking bunchy. I like having a bit of extra room to work with for wearing base layers underneath. Oh, and the rise is high enough that it really is sitting close to or at my true waist. I found these to be quite stylish for hiking pants, but the main reason I appreciate them is the rise and the fact that they fit well and are adjustable. I might've been able to size down to a 4 but I liked the way the pants fit through the thigh and overall the fit around my butt and thighs was" just right "even if the waist was a touch loose without the drawstring. I tried the Guide original pants in a 4P (P for the shorter inseam) and while they didn't fall down (and were obviously a tighter fit all around), and covered my butt, I really preferred these 2.0 pants. The Guide original is a much lower rise and doesn't have a belt or other waist adjustment built in. So if you are curvy - have a notable difference between your hips and waist - these pants might work for you. Other pants I've worn: - REI Activator V2 pant - size 8. Definitely a baggier fit than the Guide 2. I need the belt to keep it in place. The articulAted knees are awesome but overall I bought them too big so all I can say is that the rise is lower than the Guide 2.0 - Jeans: Levi's 721s in size 28 are a tight fit and not enough room around lower thigh/knees which pulls them down. Silver Jeans Co Calley skinny in 27 fits well out of the wash but the waist stretches so I added elastic to the waist. Otherwise a good fit for me.