Guide Hybrid Pants
- First Ascent
- StormRepel DWR
- UPF 50+
- Secure Pocket
- Lower Impact Materials
Our best-selling Guide Pro fabric gets an extra boost of performance with the addition of ripstop piecing at high-abrasion points for added durability. Still with the two-way stretch mobility, water-repellency, and UPF sun protection that have made our Guide pants favorites for years.
Eddie Bauer has partnered with bluesign® to ensure safe and sustainable textile production. By following their criteria, we are working to keep harmful chemicals out of the air and oceans — and out of our products.
Models shown are 5'9" to 5'11" tall, wearing size S/4, L/12, or XXL/18.
- Flexion two-way active stretch
- bluesign®-verified fabric—ensures safe and sustainable textile production
- StormRepel® DWR finish sheds moisture
- FreeShade® UPF 50+ sun protection
- Ripstop piecing at sides, knees, and ankles
- Fixed waist with belt loops and interior drawcord adjustment
- Two front secure zip hand pockets
- Two secure zip cargo pockets
- Two back hook-and-loop pockets
- Adjustable bungee hems—legs can be worn straight or gathered
- 1" metal attachment ring above back pocket
- Inseam, Reg Size 6: 32"
- Slightly Curvy High Rise. Sits at natural waist; high-rise; moderately curvy through hip, thigh, and leg.
- 94% nylon/6% spandex
Wear it With
- Yes, I recommend this productCarolynGender FemaleHeight 5'3"Type RegularActivityHikingPros Comfort, Easy Care, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsGreat Hiking PantsSep 19, 2021
Great hiking pants! I wore them on a recent camping trip at the coast and they were perfect. Love the side pocket that fits my phone and the drawstring around the ankle.
- Yes, I recommend this productGMilesGender FemaleHeightTypeActivityHikingPros Comfort, Fit, QualityConsGood FItSep 19, 2021
Very comfortable pants. Fit well and appear to be of good quality.
- Yes, I recommend this productDBRGender FemaleHeight 5'3"Type RegularActivityHikingPros Comfort, Easy Care, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsExcellent Backcountry Hiking PantsSep 19, 2021
This might be the very first review I have ever written, but these pants earned my time to do so. I took these pants on a backcountry, bushwacking, very wet backpacking trip in the Alaska Range this summer (2021). I could not have been more pleased with their performance. We were in very rough brush that when it wasn't raining, it was wet. The pants handled both the strain from the brush as well as drying out quickly every night. The water repellent was very helpful. And while not waterproof, when they did get wet, they dried out quickly as soon as we were out of the brush or rain (I used waterproof rain pants when it was super wet). The zipped side pockets are perfect for carrying my phone for quick photos and then safely stashing it closed. The ability to cinch the bottom of the pants around my boots was essential for the rough terrain we hiked. The ripstop fabric on the knees and side panels protected against branches and bushes. In addition to all the positives, they pack down very small. And yes, super comfortable! I was very happy with the pants and they will be my absolute go to for future hikes regardless of the type of terrain I wander into.