Guide Pro Shorts
- First Ascent
- Secure Pocket
- UPF 50+
- StormRepel DWR
Made for high-exposure trails on hot days as well as everyday use, versatility is at the heart of this design. Our Guide Pro shorts feature Flexion performance stretch, sun protection, strategically placed pockets, and a durable water-repellent finish—but they keep their powers on the down-low, pairing perfectly with a T-shirt and sandals on casual outings.
Eddie Bauer has partnered with bluesign® to ensure safe and sustainable textile production. By following their criteria, we are working to keep harmful chemicals out of the air and oceans — and out of our products.
Models shown are 5'9" to 5'11" tall, wearing size S/4, L/12, or XXL/18.
- bluesign® certified fabric—ensures safe and sustainable textile production
- StormRepel® DWR finish sheds moisture
- FreeShade® UPF 50+ sun protection
- Secure zip cargo pockets keep essentials within quick reach
- Inseam: 7" Reg | 6.5" Petite | 7.5" Tall | 7" Wos
- Slightly Curvy. Sits below natural waist; mid-rise; moderately curvy through hip and thigh.
- 94% nylon/6% spandex
Wear it With
- Yes, I recommend this productJaniceGender FemaleHeightType RegularActivityLeisurePros Comfort, Easy Care, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsGreat pair of shortsSep 11, 2021
Love the zip pockets. Car key and phone fit in the side pockets.
- Yes, I recommend this productAnniecatGender FemaleHeight 5'2"Type RegularActivityHikingPros Comfort, Easy Care, Fit, QualityConsI love these shorts!Sep 10, 2021
These are comfortable, flexible, lightweight, quick-drying shorts that are nice enough to wear in casual settings and practical enough to wear for hiking. Now that Columbia has discontinued my favorite shorts these are my go-to shorts for travel, hiking and everyday casual wear. On sale they are a good value. They used to be offered in nice colors as well, like turquoise ("reef"), but now it's black, very dark navy, shades of grey, neutral, red (ugh!) or an ugly green. I don't know why they can't offer cheerful, summery options instead of dark and drab, but if those colors work for you, great! P.S. These run large; I normally wear a 4 but in these shorts I swim in the 4.
- Yes, I recommend this productBluescruiserGender FemaleHeight 5'9"Type TallActivityLeisurePros Comfort, Easy Care, Fit, Quality, VersatileConsMy cel fits in the pockets!Sep 8, 2021
These shorts are comfortable, stylish, and easy to care for. My cel phone fits in the pockets The zippered pockets are a inice feature as well. I liked these shorts so much that I bought three others in different colors