MicroTherm® 2.0 Down Field Jacket
- Temp Rating
Innovative warmth, lightweight versatility, zero bulk. Patented micro-channel construction of the water-repellent ripstop nylon shell streamlines the look, enhances the thermal efficiency, and is reinforced with ultra-durable CORDURA® nylon overlays at yoke and elbows. Each individual cluster of the 700 fill StormDown® insulation has been treated with durable water-repellent (DWR) technology so the ultralight, ultrawarm down retains its insulating loft even in wet conditions.
NOTE: Temperature ratings are based on a controlled laboratory test, using low and moderate activity levels. Also consider: your sensitivity to cold and wind-chill; time of exposure; activity level; and use of layering.
- StormRepel® Super DWR on shell for longest-lasting moisture-shedding finish
- Responsible Down Standard (RDS)-certified down insulation. Certified by Control Union. More About RDS
- Trackmydown individual down supply tracking information on garment
- Stretch panels behind shoulders and under arms enhance mobility
- Fleece-lined collar to prevent chafing
- Secure zip handwarmer pockets
- Average length: Reg 28"
- Active: Our most athletic fit. Close to the body without restricting mobility. Designed to fit over baselayers and lightweight midlayers.
- 100% ripstop nylon shell: 100% CORDURA® nylon overlays
- Yes, I recommend this productNorther Piper | Verified userGender MaleHeight 5'8"TypeActivityCommutePros Comfortable & Stylish, Lightweight & Form-fitting, Surprisingly WarmCons No zippered upper chest pocket, Slightly Inconsistent Construction Between CoatsExcellent Lightweight, Technical, & Stylish Down JacketDec 29, 2018
This is perhaps my most go-to jacket out of the several down Eddie Bauer jackets and parkas I own. Overall, it's a well-made, lightweight, technical, & stylish down jacket. I purchased the moss version first and after a week of wearing it I was suitably impressed to purchase the black one to broaden the applicability of the jacket. This jacket is surprisingly warm, particularly if you wear a wool sweater or flannel shirt underneath. I've used it as low as -15ºC wind chill and was comfortable. It has four pockets. While the inner pockets have no way to close them, they are large and deep and things don't tell to fall out, even when the coat is off. A zippered inner chest pocket would be useful, but I can see how it might change the look of the jacket. I happened to look at two coats simultaneously, and the placement of the down on the back of one was significantly less in area than the other jacket; I chose the jacket with more down cover. The look of the jacket is very masculine, if you will, with the generous cover of cordura patches and general cut of the jacket. The jacket is Highly Recommended, particularly on sale.
- Yes, I recommend this productReggie | Verified userGender MaleHeight 6'0"Type RegularActivityCommuteProsConsThe Ultimate Down JacketDec 24, 2018
This jacket never lets me down. Comfortable, very well made, and stylish through the years. I first bought it in black three years ago and wear it in a variety of weather conditions from single digits to the 50s. It is loose enough to wear a hoodie jacket underneath or thick sweater.
- Yes, I recommend this productLindsay | Verified userGenderHeight 6'2"Type RegularActivityPros fashionalble, lightweight, slim cut, warmConsWarm but lightDec 12, 2018
My husband LOVES this coat. He has refused to wear a coat for years because he hated how heavy and bulky his coat was. He would constantly wear a jacket from another well-known brand. He is 6'2", 170 lbs and the Medium fits really well. We thought he would need a tall, but in this coat, a regular was fine. The Tall actually has an awkward amount of fabric in the midsection. He has found this coat so versatile and wears it everywhere.