High Route Grid Fleece 1/2-Zip Hoodie
- First Ascent
- 4 Way Stretch
- Secure Pocket
Lightweight grid fleece is the perfect combination of low bulk, high warmth, full mobility and maximum comfort that you want in a premium midlayer for outdoor activities. The FreeHeat® polyester/spandex offers four-way stretch, and the soft, grid-like texture on the interior allows excellent air circulation while keeping you warm. Raglan sleeves provide unrestricted mobility, and the thumbhole cuffs ensure a streamlined fit and easy layering.
- 1/2-zip pullover with funnel neck and hood for extra protection at throat
- Secure zip pocket on left arm
- Drop-tail hem
- Exterior locker loop at back of neck
- Classic. A universal fit. Not too slim, not too relaxed on body.
- 95% polyester/5% spandex
Wear it With
- Yes, I recommend this productAnn No. MIGender FemaleHeight 5'11"Type TallActivityRunningPros Lightweight, full range of motionConsExcellent active top layerFeb 15, 2020
I spent weeks searching for just the right replacement top layer for my outdoor winter workouts (Northern Michigan). I previously wore a basic quarter zip fleece, which is functional but did not have the full range of motion or wind protection. I wound up wearing four layers most of the time in cold temps. But I do not like the bulk (I.e, down vests, huge hoods) and I needed something that could pair well with a thermal base layer for cooler temps/wind/rain/snow, get that full range of motion, and essentially...be the ideal two to three season top layer. I had been looking at jackets, then stumbled across this "hoody" which intrigued me because of the description. After it went on sale, I snagged a Men's Tall in Salsa color (I am 5'11" female and could not find length I wanted in women's sizes). When it arrived and I unpacked it, my first thought was, "Oh no...I made a mistake, this is never going to work." The fabric seems so thin and flimsy. But I tried it on and the fit was PERFECT. Stretch where I needed it, excellent length, full range of motion, etc. So I gave it a good test this morning on a 26* very blustery day (15 mph sustained and gusts to 35, according to TWC). This hoody did not disappoint!!! I wore a tshirt and a thermal base layer, a funnel neck cuff, lightweight gloves, tights and leggings. Now, I will say, that if I stopped for any length of time, it started to get chilly. But moving I was toasty warm. The wind did not break through. I gave it a five star because I'm very impressed. However, I will mention that quality control should check the cuffs better, my cuffs are not elastic/snug, as appears in the photo. They are the same width as the sleeve, wide open, not fitted at all, very "gaping." This is extremely weird feeling, but definitely not a deal breaker. Overall I highly recommend. Thanks EB!!
- Yes, I recommend this productDocGender MaleHeight 5'7"Type RegularActivityTrainingProsConsThanks Eddie Bauer !Jan 8, 2020
I tell everyone Eddie Bauer is one of my sponsors ( they do give me incredible deals frequently ). I emailed them and told them to make this shirt, and they did ! Well, maybe it was already in the works, but maybe not. So, I am biased since I feel like I designed it, but it is awesome. The hood will keep you warmer, and you can run in it on a 30 degree morning and by the time you warm up a bit, just throw off the hood and unzip the front and you will be cool ( figuratively and literally). I wore this shirt, a stretch-type polyester jacket, and the hooded microtherm jacket when ice climbing in Ouray and it was 9 degrees to a high of 20 that day and I didn't need the heavy jacket we brought along. I had the hood on under my helmet and didn't use any beanie. I do not like the cold, and felt great all day. I am very picky about scratchy material against my skin and this is soft, so if I am good with it, anyone will be. I bought 3 of them. My sponsor gave me a discount, so it was a great deal. Now the problem is, my girlfriend is mad because they don't have the hooded version for women. EB....are you listening?
- Yes, I recommend this productMike AGender MaleHeight 6'5"Type TallActivityClimbingPros Breathes, Comfortable, Fits my tall height, Layer-able, Light, WarmCons ExpensiveAmazing technical fleece/hoodyNov 22, 2019
I love this hoody. I use it as a light insulating layer when backpacking or climbing and it does a fantastic job of providing some warmth while being very breathable. The hood makes this incredibly versatile. I can wear this with a midweight base layer underneath down to around 30F while moderately active. I am very tall (6'5") and am very pleased with the fit of the tall size.
- Asked Oct 24, 2019 by1 answerQ: What weight (oz/yd^2) is the FreeHeat Fleece Fabric?A:The weight of the fabric is 9.1 oz/yd² or 216 g/m².Answered Nov 20, 2019 by| EXPERT
- Asked Oct 21, 2019 by1 answerQ: What weight (oz/yd^2) is the FreeHeat fabric?A:The weight of the fabric is 9.1 oz/yd² or 216 g/m².Answered Nov 20, 2019 by| EXPERT