B-9 Down Parka
- Temp Rating
- StormRepel DWR Plus
- Fill Power
- Secure Pocket
An Eddie Bauer Original. First created for the U.S. Army Air Forces during World War II, the B-9 Parka and matching A-8 Flight Pants made up what the USAAF called the "Cold Weather Buoyancy Flight Suit"—their first that was down insulated. Today we've given it a cotton/nylon shell with StormRepel® DWR finish to shed moisture, 650 fill Premium Down insulation, and underarm gussets for extended mobility.
NOTE: Temperature ratings are based on a controlled laboratory test, using low and moderate activity levels. Also consider: your sensitivity to cold and wind-chill; time of exposure; activity level; and use of layering.
- Responsible Down Standard (RDS)-certified down insulation. Certified by Control Union. More About RDS
- Removable throat guard/hood strap
- Full zip front with button storm flap
- Interior chest pocket
- Average length: Reg 30"
- Classic: A universal fit. Not too slim, not too relaxed on body. Designed to fit over midweight layers.
- 61% cotton/39% nylon
- Yes, I recommend this productPedroGender MaleHeight 5'10"Type RegularActivityWalkingPros Great looks, Looks old school but has new tech.ConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeThe Parka just worksJan 14, 2020
Really enjoy this Parka. Went out in 9 degree temps and did not even notice the cold. Love the heavy zipper. Enjoy that the upper pockets are not zippered but are still covered. Can reach into pockets with gloves on.
- Yes, I recommend this productGeneKGender MaleHeight 6'1"Type RegularActivityCommuteProsConsFitness meter label is moderately smallFit:SmallLargeSuper warm , great quality.Jan 13, 2020
Just the slightest bit tight in the arm pit area. But still very comfortable.
- Yes, I recommend this productaschradGender MaleHeight 5'11"Type RegularActivityWear to WorkProsConsFitness meter label is largeFit:SmallLargeGreat CoatJan 7, 2020
Don't have anything bad to say about this coat. I got it on a great sale, so the value is certainly good. It feels very light and like it wouldn't be as warm as advertised, but once you are all zipped up it us surprisingly robust. Love all the adjustments available on the hood. Keeps the wind out. Haven't had it wet yet, but suspect it will shine there as well. Love all the pockets, wish there was one on each of the inside breast positions, but the 4 on the outside more than make up for that shortcoming. Love pretty much everything about it. Likely wouldn't have paid full price, but mostly just because I am usually fine with cheaper coats, but for this sale I am incredibly happy.