B-9 Down Parka
- Temp Rating
- StormRepel DWR Plus
- Fill Power
- Secure Pocket
An Eddie Bauer Original. First created for the U.S. Army Air Forces during World War II, the B-9 Parka and matching A-8 Flight Pants made up what the USAAF called the "Cold Weather Buoyancy Flight Suit"—their first that was down insulated. Today we've given it a cotton/nylon shell with StormRepel® DWR finish to shed moisture, 650 fill Premium Down insulation, and underarm gussets for extended mobility.
NOTE: Temperature ratings are based on a controlled laboratory test, using low and moderate activity levels. Also consider: your sensitivity to cold and wind-chill; time of exposure; activity level; and use of layering.
Models shown are 6'0" to 6'2" tall, wearing size M/32x32.
- Responsible Down Standard (RDS)-certified down insulation. Certified by Control Union 851564 More About RDS
- Removable throat guard/hood strap
- Full zip front with button storm flap
- Interior chest pocket
- Average length: Reg 30"
- Classic; A universal fit. Not too slim, not too relaxed on body. Designed to fit over midweight layers.
- 61% cotton/39% nylon
Wear it With
- Yes, I recommend this productKLGGender FemaleHeight 5'9"Type RegularActivityHikingProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeWarm and cozyFeb 4, 2020
I sure wish EB would make a women's coat with this level of warmth and durability. And with long enough sleeves! We haven't had cold enough weather in Md to really test this coat, but we have had those dreary sleety days that chill to the bone and this coat has kept me warm and dry. Love the buttons and the two way zip that keeps the coat from binding while sitting. I originally bought a different coat, but it had Velcro instead of snaps or buttons and I hated it, so I got this one instead. Very pleased.
- Yes, I recommend this productPedroGender MaleHeight 5'10"Type RegularActivityWalkingPros Great looks, Looks old school but has new tech.ConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeThe Parka just worksJan 14, 2020
Really enjoy this Parka. Went out in 9 degree temps and did not even notice the cold. Love the heavy zipper. Enjoy that the upper pockets are not zippered but are still covered. Can reach into pockets with gloves on.
- Yes, I recommend this productGeneKGender MaleHeight 6'1"Type RegularActivityCommuteProsConsFitness meter label is moderately smallFit:SmallLargeSuper warm , great quality.Jan 13, 2020
Just the slightest bit tight in the arm pit area. But still very comfortable.