Vinson Down Parka
- Temp Rating
- StormRepel DWR Plus
- Fill Power
- Secure Pocket
Named for the highest peak in Antarctica, this is our warmest and most robust non-technical winter parka. The windproof nylon shell features our WeatherEdge® technology for fully seam-sealed waterproof/breathable protection. Rugged CORDURA® nylon insets at the shoulders and forearms prevent abrasion. 650 fill Premium Down provides essential warmth in extreme sub-zero temperatures. Action back allows full range of motion.
NOTE: Temperature ratings are based on a controlled laboratory test, using low and moderate activity levels. Also consider: your sensitivity to cold and wind-chill; time of exposure; activity level; and use of layering.
- StormRepel® DWR finish sheds moisture
- Responsible Down Standard (RDS)-certified down insulation. Certified by Control Union. More About RDS
- Nine pockets for exceptional storage
- Adjustable Velcro® cuffs with interior knit storm cuffs
- Adjustable hood with removable faux fur ruff
- Microfleece balaclava attached to interior chest pocket
- Two-way front zip with snap-close storm flap
- Drawcord hem
- Average length: Reg 33"
- Classic: A universal fit. Not too slim, not too relaxed on body. Designed to fit over midweight layers.
- 100% nylon
- Yes, I recommend this productKeep me warm at -40!Gender FemaleHeight 5'4"Type RegularActivityWalkingProsConsFitness meter label is smallFit:SmallLargeWarm!Jan 15, 2020
I researched parkas a lot before purchasing. I am a female, 5'4" and a small fits perfectly. I bought the men's parka because of the pockets. For the price, you cannot beat this parka! Worked all day outside in -18 with a base and mid layer and was warm. The shell is very durable and seems it will hold up without getting snags or rips. The 9 pockets are awesome!! I do agree that the zipper could be more heavy duty, but I do like that it will unzip from the bottom so your legs aren't as restricted. It does leak feathers, but just a little. For the price (I got one at half off), you cannot beat this parka. Your next option would be a Canadian Goose Down parka, which just wasn't in my budget. I also love that EB will rate their winter gear with temperatures. This is rated at -40. Patagonia, Columbia and North Face do not give ratings. I would like to know if I am going to die because my parka won't be warm enough!!
- Yes, I recommend this productYosGender MaleHeight 6'2"Type TallActivityWear to WorkProsCons The glove pockets are small.Fitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeGreat parka for braving the canyons of Wall StreetDec 25, 2019
Wonderful winter coat that keeps me warm as I ascend the Dow index. Great for more normal walks to work or shopping. The two way main zipper is better that others that I have had, and it is easier to get into a car. The down stays in the lining and does not leak out of the coat, which is something that EB does better than the competition.
- Yes, I recommend this productGermanshorthairloverGender MaleHeight 5'9"Type RegularActivityWalkingProsConsFitness meter label is true to sizeFit:SmallLargeVery warmDec 21, 2019
Coat is heavy, but you don't notice it when on. Good placement of hand warmer pockets, but lower pockets would benefit from zippers.