Watch Product Demo
A Field & Stream Best of the Best: 2012 Hunting Gear Award Winner.
"Originally designed for mountaineers...this jacket was refined for hunters with the addition of a fleece-lined collar, a water-repellant coating, and durable Cordura overlays. The stretch panels flex when you do, whether mounting a rifle or scaling cliffs."
As seen in MensJournal.com
"Despite its sub-one-pound weight (this jacket) is warm, too: In open fields and on city streets, its goose down insulation laughs in the face of punishing wind gusts, and its lightweight body is ideal for layering against the elements."
The lightest down-insulated field jacket we've ever built. Based on the patent-pending down layer in our First Ascent mountaineering line, with micro-channels that hold the down in place and close to the body for maximum efficiency. 700 fill StormDown™ powered by DownTek™—Premium Goose Down that's treated with a durable water-repellent (DWR) finish—is highly resistant to moisture. Ripstop nylon shell, reinforced with rugged Cordura® nylon overlays. StormRepel® DWR finish on the fabric surface as well causes moisture to bead and roll off or evaporate rather than soak into the fabric.
- 1.74-oz, 40D ripstop nylon (shell); 75D x 166D Cordura® nylon (overlays); 95% polyester/5% spandex (side panels)
- 700 fill StormDown™ powered by DownTek™ for ultralight warmth and moisture-resistant protection
- StormRepel® DWR finish on shell fabric beads moisture
- Streamlined micro-channel quilting for maximum heat efficiency and minimum bulk
- Stretch side panels for complete freedom of movement
- Layers easily, and is ultra-compressible so it packs small when not needed
- Machine wash
- Performance: This fit is designed for hunting and shooting and allows unrestricted arm movement—both up and forward—while reducing bulk. If you prefer a closer fit with enough room to layer over a lighter shirt or sweater, please order one size down.