Up to six $10,000 film grants for outdoor filmmakers
For our 2021 Eddie Bauer One Outside Film Grant we’ll be awarding film grants to filmmakers who identify as part of Black, Indigenous, and People of Color communities. In addition to financial support and promotion of the films across Eddie Bauer channels, we aim to partner with filmmakers to tell stories that help all people feel invited, accepted, and validated in their full range of outdoor experiences.
Now accepting applications through April 18, 2021
You are eligible to apply for the 2021 Eddie Bauer One Outside Film Grant if:
• You identify as a member of Black, Indigenous and People of Color communities.
• You are a legal resident of the 50 United States, D.C. and Puerto Rico who, as of March 15, 2021, are at least 18 years of age.
• You are a filmmaker, or member of a filmmaking team.
• You pitch your film project and submit further explanation (if required) to a review committee.
• You complete your film before Oct 1, 2021 (date subject to change at Eddie Bauer’s sole discretion).
• Your film’s subject matter is relevant to the outdoors or outdoor adjacent topics (such as social topics, access and equality topics, or philanthropic topics– within the context of the outdoors or environment).
• You enter into a non-exclusive license agreement with Eddie Bauer to use, display, and publish the film if your film project is awarded a film grant.
Who can apply for the film grants?
Any member of Black, Indigenous and People of Color communities legally residing in the 50 United States, D.C. or Puerto Rico who, as of March 15, 2021, are at least 18 years of age.
Do I have to be a professional filmmaker?
We invite filmmakers of all levels to apply.
Do I retain the ownership and rights to my film project?
Yes! But Eddie Bauer will enter into an agreement with you to share your work with a wider audience.
Who decides who receives the film grants?
Eddie Bauer is partnering with The Outbound Collective to assemble a committee of community peers and industry professionals with diverse backgrounds, and who identify as members of BIPOC communities or allies, to select the recipients of the film grants.
What can I use the film grant for?
The film grant is to be used to pay for expenses including travel, gear, crew, location fees, professional services, licensing, and other production costs to create or complete your film. It should not be used to cover already incurred costs, studio renovations, or promotional costs.
Can I apply for multiple film grants?
No, there is a limit of one (1) film grant per film project and/or applicant.
When would film project need to be completed and submitted to Eddie Bauer?
December 31, 2021 (date subject to change at Eddie Bauer’s sole discretion).
How do I apply?
Review the details of the film grant and the eligibility requirements to determine if you are eligible to apply and if you are eligible, fill out the form at the bottom of this page.