Cookies are not enabled in your browser.
You must have Cookies enabled for the best experience on our site and to make a purchase.
Learn how to enable Cookies in your browser or call 1-800-426-8020 for assistance.
Review Summaryby PowerReviews
Reviewed by 12 customers
Overall I liked this product. It is very well put together (like all EB products) and was exactly as described. Unfortunately, I ended up having to return it because it was too small for what I needed to carry on a daily basis.
I wanted a bag that could hold a small amount of 8.5 x 11 papers/files, secure at least one water bottle, and hold a few other items more compactly than in a standard messenger bag. I'm used to external bottle pockets, but the main section interior pockets held my 20 oz. water bottle just fine. So far I've used the bag at a conference to hold handouts and personal items, and as my commuting bag on days I'm not carrying my laptop, and I'm very happy with it.
I took the other reviewer's suggestion to use velcro patches to shield the aggressive closures on the bag before they had a chance to snag anything (the flap and bag sides of the closures aren't even aligned the same way, so snagging would be almost inevitable). I used 2 strips of velcro tape on each patch, so I have the option of uncovering half and leaving smaller, "lighter-grab" closures.
I am able to fit my iPhone 5c and slim cover in the phone pocket with some maneuvering, but this could be annoying for regular use. I usually keep my phone elsewhere, though. The bright yellow-green fleece lining of the phone and tablet pockets (I have the aqua bag) sheds a bit and reminds me of my kids' plush toys. Again, not a significant problem for me, but it might disappoint someone hoping for a more grown-up look.
Other tweaks I'd like to see in later versions of this bag would be (like others mentioned) to add more sophisticated color options, make the front pocket more organized and a bit deeper so it could hold pens and pencils upright (I had to slant mine a bit in order to close the zipper), and to add a grab handle.
I ordered the bag on sale and consider it a very good deal for the functionality I wanted and the fun look, but at full price I'd be pickier about the closure, linings and other details.
What I like about this bag:
- It is very light, comfortable, great for walking.
- I was not sure that it would be the case, but it does fit a 11'' Macbook Air. (By the way, I had absolutely no problem with fitting an iPhone5 /with a slim case on it/ in the phone holder either.) The laptop sleeve is nicely lined.
- Has enough space to hold my laptop, book, notebook, small water bottle, etc.
- The shoulder strap is actually fully adjustable. (I sometimes like my bags shorter, and hate those that you can only adjust for a couple of inches.)
What could be improved:
- There are never enough pockets in a bag. I think this could have had a few more, e.g. a penholder pocket, or another easily reachable one on the other side for wallet.
- I'm not sure I like the velcro either, although it has not bothered me very much so far.
- I wish it came in some more natural colors (brown, green, etc.).
Overall, I would recommend this bag. I use it in grad school, and I walk a lot. It is on the expensive side, so wait until it goes on sale...
I have an iPad Mini and a Kindle Fire HD, and this is a great size bag for carrying smaller electronics like that. I have a regular phone, not a smart phone so that also fits great.
I have gotten my knitting tangled in the Velcro more than a time or two, and have not yet done anything about that problem, but what I plan to do is get a similar size piece of Velcro, or cut a similar size piece of Velcro out of a larger sheet, and then just put the matching pieces over the pieces on the bag, ie rough on smooth and smooth on rough. Then if I want to use the Velcro, I can just peel off the extra pieces and stick them together and carry them in the bag. Otherwise, whether the rough piece is on the bag or the flap, it will cause extra wear somewhere. I have done this before on other items, and it is a pretty simple fix.